bush to hydro

roy

Thanks Eikel your a legend mate.

Only in my own mind mate ::):

you'd be better off taking a few clones (or just one if it isn't big enough) and then rooting it in a hydro medium IMO.

That would take you longer, but is a good option if the plant doesn't take-kindly to being moved. Personally... providing you don't cut off too many roots when you transplant, I think you'll be fine.

Biggest thing with MJ in soil is ensuring the medium you start with is good, Dynamic-Lifter Organic Potting-Mix, Yates "Thrive" potting mix (which isn't organic), and any "regular" (no-ferts) potting mix with your own organic mixed-in food is good for MJ.

Don't add lime though - I've only heard of one person whos done this without deterimental affect to their plants, MJ wants acid, lime gives buffering for alkalinity.

I don't think it would take longer. By the time the plant got over the transplant shock and adjusted to the new environment and started growing your clones would already be rooted, and in a hydro medium would grow a lot faster than a plant in soil. You also have the added benefit of getting a sterile medium. Chances are no matter how careful you are bringing in soil from outdoors it will not be sterile. And as we know pests that don't normally pose a big problem outdoors can destroy an indoor crop.

By the time the plant got over the transplant shock and adjusted to the new environment and started growing your clones would already be rooted, and in a hydro medium would grow a lot faster than a plant in soil.

Transplant shock - approx 3 days to get over using something like seasol or superthrive.

Rooting a 4" rockwool cube - 13 days is the fastest I've ever done it, drop to 8 days for a 1" cube.

Hydro vs Soil growth rate (when you KNOW how to grow in soil) - less than a 30% difference, and that is DWC vs soil.

Seeing as the plant is only TEN CENTIMETRES, approx 4" high (the size of the rockwool ubes I use), taking a clone is the SLOWEST and RISKIEST option. lol

I would only take a clone if the transplant failed, which you won't know until at least 72hrs after doing it.

That said - it's your plant, do what feels right to you! :smoke

I don't think it would take longer. By the time the plant got over the transplant shock and adjusted to the new environment and started growing your clones would already be rooted, and in a hydro medium would grow a lot faster than a plant in soil. You also have the added benefit of getting a sterile medium. Chances are no matter how careful you are bringing in soil from outdoors it will not be sterile. And as we know pests that don't normally pose a big problem outdoors can destroy an indoor crop.

Yea you had all sorts of shit happen to your plants mate. I guess that was just a learning curve eh. What have ya got going at the moment? :scratchin

Transplant shock - approx 3 days to get over using something like seasol or superthrive.

have you used seasol for that purpose Eikel?? Seasols good stuff, I use it around the yard for the normal plants. and they love it.

Have you used the companies nutes yet? namely oh whats it called- Powerthrive or something? I havent.

lol

have you used seasol for that purpose Eikel?? Seasols good stuff, I use it around the yard for the normal plants. and they love it.

Have you used the companies nutes yet? namely oh whats it called- Powerthrive or something? I havent.

PowerThrive, haven't tried it, will take a look next trip to bunnings... same company as SeaSol you say? I generally have used Maxicrop and Charlie crap as my standard liquid nutes thus far (can also use on coco sporadically, if you can stand the smell).

Seasol is the cheapest (in bulk) product I've found that will give the most affect to your plants. I love the stuff! lol

I use Seasol in the following ways with the standard dosage of 25-30ml to 10ltrs of water:

- In veg, once per week.

- Transplanting, use for the first and 3rd watering, then normal feed cycle after that.

- When dealing with "stressed" plants, every second watering until stress or cause of stress is gone.

Essentially I treat it like superthrive for soil, it works a treat!