bush to hydro

roy

Im getting a plant thats been growing in the bush. Its in early stage like 10cm tall. how do i convert it to grow hydro style? thanks in advance :)

You put it under lights! ::):

Seriously though - when you say "Hydro Style" do you mean into a hydro medium from a soil one?

If just moving the plant indoors, simply check for pests/diseases, give it a spray with a garlic+pyrethrum, or chilli/garlic, or nicotine spray (to kill any pests you missed), and maybe use a "root-zone" treatment to treat the medium when you transplant it (incase there are foreign insects in the medium).

Aside from that, just put it under your lights. If you'd like more detailed info, please tell us what you mean by "Hydro Style" and we'll tell you what we know!

Have fun! :(

ok once i pull the plant out of the ground. whats the next step?

Most likely - the plant would die.

By "pull out of the ground" I'm assuming you mean "dig a radius around the bottom of the plant about 10-15cm away from the stem and pull it out of the ground along with the soil"?

"Pulling" a plant out of the ground isn't a good way to keep it alive, even digging/transplanting will stress it.

as it would already have roots,i couldn't put it in a rockwool cube can i?

No. You couldn't, it will be too established already at 10cm.

I would reccomend you do the following:

1. "Dig" the plant out of the ground, taking care to minimize damage to its root-structure.

2. Transplant into a pot of good soil - like DL potting mix, mixed with perlite would be better.

3. Give a good watering with seasol to try and reduce stress.

4. Put it under an 18/6 lightcycle to grow.

The above will probably cause you the least amount of stress and provide the best chance at success.

Hope this helps, and "you're welcome" by the way. :whistling

oh i should detail my questions a bit better i guess.I did mean i would dig around the plant.Next question what size pot to use? and can i put it under my 400hps or a fluoro? sorry for the dumb questions but i,ve never done this procedure before.Never grown in soil indoors before.Only ever done clones in hydro before. Thanks for answering my questions

oh i should detail my questions a bit better i guess.I did mean i would dig around the plant.Next question what size pot to use? and can i put it under my 400hps or a fluoro? sorry for the dumb questions but i,ve never done this procedure before.Never grown in soil indoors before.Only ever done clones in hydro before. Thanks for answering my questions

Check out a few soil grows in the grow diaries, there is a wealth of info in there,

For the pot size I would go for the biggest you can fit inside, I made the mistake of

leaving a plant in a too small a pot, it got root bound and growth stunted until I repotted

it. :)

As Dsy said, there's alot of info already on what to do, but I'll summarize some of my favorites for you:

- My Organic Growing Ramblings.

- Instink's first grow.

- Dsyfer's first grow.

- I grow some Mr Nice in soil.

Read the links I've provided above, that will give you a good grounding in what you need to think about - any confusion, feel free to ask!

Hope your grow is one of many successful ones to come! :)