Will I go to Gaol?

If I get caught with 15 plants and 15 clones, would this be enough to put me in gaol?. What would the punishment be?. (I'm In NSW)

With the new laws potentialy comming through NSW Yes it is possible, if you have a look in the australian cannabis news section there are a few articles coverign what your asking here is an article from one

People could face up to 20 years' jail for growing cannabis and smokers of the drug forced to undertake counselling on its links to poor mental health under a legislative crackdown.

The NSW government is about to introduce what it claims will be the most hardline cannabis laws in Australia, in response to growing concerns of the drug's link to mental illness, according to The Daily Telegraph.

People could be jailed for 10 years for growing as few as five higher-strength hydroponic plants, or face a $550,000 fine and/or 20 years' jail for 200 plants.

Hydroponic cannabis is between five and seven times stronger than conventionally grown cannabis.

NSW Premier Morris Iemma has also called for a review of the cannabis cautioning system, introduced in 2000, requiring offenders to undertake counselling on the drug's mental health impact.

"Regular cannabis use can exacerbate mental illnesses and associated criminal activity," Mr Iemma said.

Author:ninemsn

Date:Friday Feb 3

Source:ninemsn

Copyright:© 1997- 2006 ninemsn Pty Ltd

:)

it is ofcourse only a proposal atm ( even if it does have a shit load of suport from most of the NSW government)

however with that said , they could technicly call you a comercial grower with that amoutn and you could be one of the unfourtunate ones that they use to teach a lesson, this will not be a good year to be walkign on the edge of the NSW laws

I have also heard of other people with allot more than you only getting probation ( but that was before they "proposed " the law changes )

By SIMON BENSON

February 03, 2006

CANNABIS smokers may be forced to take counselling sessions on the links between marijuana and mental disorders to avoid being charged on a first offence, in a rewriting of NSW drug laws.

The Daily Telegraph has learned Premier Morris Iemma called for a review of the cannabis cautioning scheme to send a stronger message about the effects of marijuana on mental health.

But the real crackdown will be brought to bear on those caught growing high strength (hydroponic) cannabis - now thought to be a significant factor in rising mental health problems.

The Government is about to introduce what it claims will be the most hardline legislation in the country, with people facing 10-year jail sentences for growing as few as five hydroponic plants.

Sentences of 20 years will be made law for crops of 200 plants. A range of new offences will also apply to people who expose children to hydroponic drug houses.

Mr Iemma has undertaken a complete rewriting of cannabis laws in response to concerns from health authorities that it is a significant contributor to the mental health crisis.

"No one wants to see a young person who has made a genuine mistake, unfairly punished," Mr Iemma said.

"But we can't downplay the health and social consequences of regular cannabis use.

"That's why I want to see whether this scheme can be used to further tackle cannabis use and its devastating impact on mental health.

"There is growing evidence of a link between long-term cannabis use and the incidence of severe mental health problems," said Mr Iemma.

"Regular cannabis use can exacerbate mental illnesses and associated criminal activity. Experts tell us that potent, hydroponically grown cannabis is a particular problem."

Hydro, as it is known, can be between five and seven times stronger than conventionally grown marijuana.

The cautioning scheme for people caught with 15g of marijuana was introduced in 2000 to offer police an alternative to charging offenders and clogging courts with petty offences.

It has been hailed a success for freeing up police to tackle serious crime and keeping people from attracting criminal records for minor offences.

Users are issued with a warning for the first offence and then issued with a caution on the second, requiring them to call a counselling service. But less than 14 per cent comply.

The Government is drafting its response to a review of cannabis cautioning undertaken by the Bureau of Crime Statistics.

Daily Telegraph.

Eat ya heart out Indonesia :)

It sounds like you could be talkin like what if i had this or that , if you do have that and your paranoid cut ya numbers back and if you dont have that , well think of growing on crown land or having less , if your worried that is . Well thats my own take on things anyway , for the amount of time if your in it for money, your better of robbing banks , and if your like me and the allure of this beautiful plant has got ya mesmerised well maybe we can still admire it with less numbers , fuck if i had my way id have football fields of the shit and id love everyone of em . Pots not about money unless you do alot more than thirty anyway , its play money not worth that amount of time , i know people whove done 2 years for armed robbery , i know im getting of track but you can see my point . When does the hobbiest become the commercial grower ?? 30 plants would do it in the eyes of the law that is ,if you wanta grow id suggest moving to a quite little house out of town where noone knows ya , do ya shopping once a fortnight get couple of good dogs , board up ya windows and go for it , pay your electricity in advance , the benefits would far outway the hassle of doing all this , you dont even have to live there.Just an idea .