It is thought that flowering plants evolved from a common hermaphrodite ancestor, and that dioecy evolved from hermaphroditism. Hermaphroditism is very common in flowering plants—about 70% are hermaphroditic, while only about 5% are dioecious and 7% are monoecious. About 7% of species exhibit gynodioecy or androdioecy, while 10% contain both unisexual and bisexual flowers (Molner, 2004).

thats a quote from wikipedia...

geez, 70% of all flowering plants are hermies :rolleyes:

geez, 70% of all flowering plants are hermies
:P

I'd hate odds stacked against me of 70/30 :P

My experience tells me it is closer to even. If you consider the total genetic libary in commercial hands as opposed to that in nature. I am wondering if the hermi rate in purchased seed is much greater than in nature ?

I may experience more hermies when I add another 2 strains form purchased seed.

6 summer grows from seed in mud have passed outdoors.

I have never had a hermie, YET ! :) Not that I want them. :rolleyes:

All knowlege has come from cannabis grow forms like OS. :reallyexcited: Breeders do in pain staggeringly slowly :D It takes years & many grows to stabilize a strain. :P

My indoor strain has been subjected to extream heat, massive dehydration, and faced extinction. Yet no hermies !

So a question is "is this discussion concerning Nature (original seeds in the wild) v's Nurture (genetically crossed hybrids) bread for commercial purposes.

Is there a different hermie ratio in the real bush ? :smoke

Is w's 70% your experience ? :smoke

My experience tells me it is closer to even. If you consider the total genetic libary in commercial hands as opposed to that in nature. I am wondering if the hermi rate in purchased seed is much greater than in nature ?

So a question is "is this discussion concerning Nature (original seeds in the wild) v's Nurture (genetically crossed hybrids) bread for commercial purposes.

i'd imagine that commercial farmers and scientists have bred the strains to try and remove undesireable characteristics like hermie traits and such, so the hermie rate would be less :scratchin

im too stoned to think about that kinda shit, i'll leave it untill tomorrow :rolleyes: