Rockwool sizes in NFT system

Nath

Basically I am wanting to grow out a large number of seeds in an efficient as possible method to achieve the best results. I need to easily remove the plants and root systems when I find out which ones are male also. So I was thinking of using the NFT system I have with 3.5cm rockwool cubes. I have 6x 100mm NFT gutters, of which Ill probably use 4x 1.2m lengths. Would it be ok to just sit the 3.5cm rockwool cubes in the gutter and let them veg like that? Im thinking it should be ok... I dont want to use netpots if possible, and I have a 380l/ph pump for the whole setup and a 94L reservoir which Ill half fill to 50L's of nutrient solution. My plan is to use 4x 1.2m Gutters, with 6+ plants in each gutter... it doesnt matter if it overgrows, the plants will only veg there for 6 weeks.

Then my next problem is... I have to move the plants out of that place into an apartment in six weeks from seed, so basically the plants should be sexed by then, and about a foot tall or so, ill train them down as much as I can and keep internode spacing minimal. Should I use a larger NFT setup in the new place? And just put a couple plants in a bucket and move them like that?

Cheers

Nath

Nath, i havent used my medium size NFT system in a few years but my system is slightly different to yours the one ur making sounds like a turbo NFT system? what u will need is some type of matting made for NFT systems it'll run the whole lenght of your channels and disperses the water evenly also if your channels are open u might be better off with mesh pots these will add support for the plant when they get a little bigger unless u have a net planed that will support the plants? the matting is a must