Vapir One

Well, it's all true. I got the Vapir One today and tried it unmodified. I must admit I could not feel leaks but note the volume of air coming out the front was pretty low. Anyway, got a bag, sucked it back....nice..sweet taste, cool, so easy to enhale, and I got a low buzz right away. The vapour looked just like coldfrixion's video.

Then I taped it up per the tutorial, fired it up and noticed a huge improvement in the volume of air out the business end. Another nice bag..... :thumbsup

Finally, I did the bag mod and had another bag. Have to say I wish I bought this thing years ago.

I read a lot of comments about the noise of this unit. I was pleasantly surprised as I did not find the volume offensive or in any wat unacceptable.

Assuming the thing performs for a year or 2 I will consider this a great investment!

Cheers coldfrixion for the encouragement and the cool tutorial.

:baaasmiley:

Has anybody used one of these basic pyrex type vaporisors?

i've got one as a present, but have not got any idea how to use it. do i grind my bud up? how much heat and how to heat? are the vapours visable ? im clueless - help !

image taken from www.weedcity.co.uk from where the thing was bought so i hope you guys at weedcity dont mind ( and hey its a free advertisement!!).

post-7026-1138732028_thumb.jpg

Edited by runmedown

Great to hear it's working well for you, ffc99. One very effective way to identify where there may be any remaining leakage is to turn the unit on and with the (empty) tray inserted use the flame from a lighter to go around the parameter of the unit. The flame will bend or possibly even blow out when you've hit a leak, depending on how big it is. Edited by ColdFrixion

Has anybody used one of these basic pyrex type vaporisors?

i've got one as a present, but have not got any idea how to use it. do i grind my bud up? how much heat and how to heat? are the vapours visable ? im clueless - help !

image taken from www.weedcity.co.uk from where the thing was bought so i hope you guys at weedcity dont mind ( and hey its a free advertisement!!).

I have made myself a lightbulb version of that b4, quite hard at first to get things balenced (heat, suction et) I found the best way is to grind the herb, but not too fine, put some in the bottom, and just wave your flame around underneath, if you see and smell actual smoke, you got it too hot, you should get a slight flavour (different than smoking and different from a normal vape too) sort of a straw flavour.

I personally don't like it, but I made that b4 I bought my Vape and bongs :baaasmiley:

Appreciate your reply Dsyfer, i feared the feedback would be less than enthusiastic and it seems i was right. I'll have a go at some lightly ground bud as you've described. I think the actual 'technique' of smoking it is probably the critical thing. The vapourising thing seems totally alien to me as a bong-sucker !!

Can i use it for the dealer bought, sh1t hash i've got in my stash box btw?