Did Schapelle Corby Do It?

Did Schapelle Corby knowingly bring in 4.1kg of cannabis to Bali in 2004?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

holy moly u could fit a pound in those balls.

Those aren't his balls - he has elephantitis of the scrotum.

The pic is used in numerous medical and microbiology textbooks.

(Yes, I know, I'm a geek/nerd/whatever).

To me Corby is guilty. Because, it's just too weird "just having" that much pot on you. I think the plan was to take it to the sister on the island. She was to sell it to high paying tourists. The boogie board was a bad plan but you know, these are simple people, so have some respect. The boogie-board bag was all they could come up with. I was almost convinced, mind you, of the channel 9 coverage, that she was innocent. With that "speech expert" who said that she seemed sincere. I've thought that she was guilty, and that punishment for marijuana smuggling should be nothing. 20 years is outrageous.

But the thing I wonder now is why to be continuing with the cover-up story that it was planted there? The 20 years is clearly not going to be moved. I can see why fear would cause you to rush for a story like "it was the baggage handlers and not me" who put it there, at first. (I bet the baggage handlers would be way too careful in matters like these. A $78,000 dollars mistake: unlikely.) But, after the fear wears off you'd think she'd think about dobbing her family in some time. Why hasn't that blond-haired sister of hers owned up? The Indonesian judges know that someone else had to be involved in the racket. You can't sell that much pot in one trip!

If Corby's sentence could be reduced to 10 years, say, and the sister to spend 10 years as well; split the sentence, that would be fairer wouldn't it? Then the judges would have their information. But, if the Indonesians don't have the system of the "plea bargain" then there would be no point to ratting on anyone would there? It would all depend on the quality of their lawyers: from their legal advise on the Indonesian legal system, to whether they could tell their client is lying while still defending their lie tactically. Strategically, though, a plea-bargain should have been proposed in the event that Corby wished to change her plea, which she should have done if it could have say: halved the sentence.

I can see why fear would cause you to rush for a story like "it was the baggage handlers and not me" who put it there, at first. (I bet the baggage handlers would be way too careful in matters like these.

:lol: hehe, where to start...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here Pa-uul, and speculate that you have never flown a surfboard to Bali.

Am I right?

Edited by superninja