First Timer/NEW BIG PLANT

Chiksta

Hey guys, this is my first thread on here and its gonna be about my little darlings ofcourse, i got 4 little tykes in a potplant, all seem to be going rather well and they are only about 4 weeks old, 2-3 inches tall. My major problem i have, i was givin a plant yesturday from a friend i do not know how old the plant is, and he hasnt been lookd after. He is an outdoor plant thats just been left and waterd every so often. His main stem has been snapped of, but he has grown another kinda branch of the side of the main stem. This branch is about 7 inches long, the first 4 inches are just the long stem/branch and then the top 3 inches are full of leaves. because he is top heavy he droops down instead of straight up. (I WILL GET PHOTOS WITHIN THE NEXT 4 DAYS)

A friend of mine has told me to pull the crown out to incourage growth on the first 4inches of stem (cuz at the moment he looks like a stick with a green ball of leaves at the top)

Another problem im goin to have is the fact he is in a small pot with very little soil and you can see a tiny but of his roots at the bottom of them stem, i was told if i take him out of the pot i may shock him.

I live on the eastern side of australia and this is my first time with plants that have gotten this far, i just need some advice to keep my little buggers alive and well from poeple who know wat they are talking about as all our friends have different opinions on it (none which have actually got plants of their own)

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Also any advice for our 4 little ones would be great.

Thanx for your time.

From Kal

aka. Chiksta

should snap your friends for spreading misinformation about marijuana :detective2: but if you wanna grow some good pot, find those plants a really nice sunny and secure location, dig some massive holes in the ground, pickup lots of high grade soil (dynamic lifter brand is great) and transplant your plants into those holes...while your friends seem to think it will shock the plant into death, they are far off and all that will happen is the plant could droop for a day or 2...if your friends see it in that time they are bound to carry on saying shit like we told you so BUT after that time, the plant will grow leaps and bounds and you will be able to shove a huge bud in their faces in no time :smoke

do the same for the 4 smaller plants too, but if you can, transplant them into larger pots and put them under fluros for a week or 2, it will give you much larger plants :P

Chiksta - Welcome to OS. :thumbsup

What wantdachronic said is right - just do it carefully.

wantdachronic ...if you wanna grow some good pot, find those plants a really nice sunny and secure location, dig some massive holes in the ground, pickup lots of high grade soil (dynamic lifter brand is great) and transplant your plants into those holes...while your friends seem to think it will shock the plant into death, they are far off and all that will happen is the plant could droop for a day or 2...if your friends see it in that time they are bound to carry on saying shit like we told you so BUT after that time, the plant will grow leaps and bounds and you will be able to shove a huge bud in their faces in no time

Well it depends on how you repot. Don't just rip it out. Repot into a larger pot or the grond in holes, but when removing the plant just wait till it's dry and do it. Try to keep the very fine hairs of the plant intact, loosen up the bottom, pop it into some loose compost and water lightly. :smoke

goodluck ! :detective2: