hwdy....got a temp problem in my cabinet...plant is only bout 5 weeks old..goin great....in a few weeks I wanna go 12/12....but temps are in high 30's....I got 4 computer fans for air circulation but i think i gotta get a bigger exhaust fan ta get rid of that hot air....any other tips to keep tha cabinet cooler when i go 12/12???? ;)

if the heat gets too much, i would go into go-lo and for $30 you can pickup 3 lamps and 3 CFs which could keep the plants growing + they dont give off much heat at all  :smoke

hwdy...not sure on tha lingo ya using there about the lamps and cf's. not sure what they are... I'm probably 2 - 3 weeks from goin 12/12..will these other lamps be ok for flowering??..sussed out me local hydro joint...he's got two types of 290mm fans...one for bout $30, tha other for $100..Tha $100 fan he says is perfect for continual use in a cabinet/room...is he bullshittin', or should i go with tha xpensive fan??...On 30 to 35 degree days, in tha cabinet tha temp i'm sittin on is high 30's...I got 2 puter fans each for inlet and outlet..I'm thinkin tha 290mm fan to replace the 2 outlet fans will be good enough ta get tha temp under 30 degrees...HE turned it on and it probably makes as much noise (even less) then tha 2 puter fans...

yes they are 30 dollars but are crap if you need to use duct and you will need about 2 and a half per 600 wt only use with flouros. you can get a inline fan that will push through duct but not carbon filter For 100 and at least 2 to3 times more air movement at about the same power consumption as bath extraction, Although years ago i was able to by 300 mm bath exhaust that seemed tourbo charged wears baring in no time due to no balancing but they pumped if it was used for just room to room exhaust but were bought from hydy shop nut bunnings, Bunnings has these mini squrril cage fans 8 and 10 inch that seem to be replacing the old style , they must move same amount of air through a smaller duct and these will flow nicely through upto 2. 5 meters of duct. well worth looking at but no tryed one yet.

The airflow from a cheap bathroom exhaust fan is nothing like that of a dedicated exhaust designed for continuous extraction. They're usually pretty close in flow to a 125mm computer style fan, which sorta defeats the purpose of getting a larger fan, neh? A hydro-turbo or Airxpress fan will move between 170-220lps, compared to about 8-10lps from a crap bathroom exhaust.

A bathroom exhaust fan is also not designed for continuous operation. This can mean that it will burn out, or burn down everything around it. Not fun.

Spend the money to get a decent fan. You get what you pay for. Cheap does not necessarily mean bad, but it usually does. Admittedly, some things are expensive, but that's because it costs for quality.

No such thing as too much airflow, but certainly a thing as too little.

If you can do so, spend the $ and buy yourself a good centrifugal fan, these are designed to operate under high pressure, which makes them suitable for use with carbon filters. They also cost more again, (approx 200+), but the airflow increase, as well as the ability to work with a carbon filter with only minor drop in airflow more than pays for itself.