Outdoor growing theory

Just wanted to know a few things about outdoor growing. I was thinking of moving into a house in a few months after Im done with my apartment, and starting plants indoors and then finishing them outdoors. I have no clue when the aussie outdoor flowering season is, ill be searching in the mean time for all these answers btw.. and im thinking it starts march sometime or ? and thought this would be a good way to have a house that does reek of pot, :peace:. And, if I have a strain that takes 8 weeks to flower, then if I put it outdoors when the light is under 12/12 (Outdoor flowering time) will it always finish in 8 weeks or around there.. or can it be weather dependant? Also, does it matter much if I flower at say the start of the flowering season, or the end of it? Will there be much difference in plants, besides the end being colder of course and maybe more likeliness of bud rot etc.

Depending on what latitude your in as to the time of sunrise and sunset hours. This year I am using outdoors for veging (both indoor & outdoor strains.

I poped my seeds in September and think they will be flowering sometime around April/May & hopefully by June outdoors.

Nath ...starting plants indoors and then finishing them outdoors

so if your going to flower at the end of the season I woulwd check you local sunst & sunrise hours.

goodluck Nath

you wanna put plants out around the end of august to mid september for really nice big plants, around late march/early april is when the plants would get harvested...dunno what the results would be if you put a plant out inbetween those times, but i know closer you plant to march/april, the smaller the plants will be...

also, saying a strain takes 8 weeks to flower indoors, that could be very different outdoors and take an extra month depending on conditions + you should harvest after a period of 2-3 days without rain which can be hard to come by at that time of year :thumbdown

So in Perth, when would flowering be initiated? Anyone know? I get a bit of money in March, so I was thinking of buying a cheap car instead and just going bush with my plants, and buying a few packets of seeds and growing them outdoors. As long as they stay vegging by March, then it should be ok. Even if they are in a couple weeks of flower I could still take them and flower them indoors for a bumper yield. I can move into an apartment in 2 weeks from Tuesday, but everything I do will be just scraping a grow together. So I dont know whether its better to wait 2 months and just save my money and try cranking some early plants outdoors. Im prepared to go water the plants every 2-3 days.