um... I think it's hermie... (pics)

Here's a pic of one I prepared earlier ::peace::

Actually - this is a dried bud, I caught the plant just in time, it had started to hermie from heat-stress in the week before I harvested.

See the 4 staminae potruding out? these usually come out of one of the "pods" you posted, but as Tom said - they can look similar to a female preflower also.

post-4190-1136172109_thumb.jpg

Can't even see the red circle and zoomed in I still can't see any male flowers (yes, I do have my glasses on ::peace:: ), here's a picture of some male flowers: http://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...?showtopic=1379

lol sorry buddy - must be the glaucomas! (joking joking!).

Yeah, I know what they look like, sorry if I snapped at your post, I realise you were just making sure someone didn't cut a female plant at the advice of a newb :)

I caught the plant just in time, it had started to hermie from heat-stress in the week before I harvested

would you mind me asking how far that plant was when you had to give her/him the chop, eikel?

Thats the reason (i think) mine have gone hermie, from heat stress. need to do something about that next time around then.

Yeah, I know what they look like, sorry if I snapped at your post, I realise you were just making sure someone didn't cut a female plant at the advice of a newb
No, it's just that there is nothing in that picture that will convince me that it should be pulled as a hermie, show me pictures of male flowers instead of what might be signs of a male/hermie and I will agree.

:peace:

would you mind me asking how far that plant was when you had to give her/him the chop, eikel?

The BDS was the youngest out of my last grow - he only got 6 weeks 2 days of flower, the other strains got 7 weeks 1 day.

Thats the reason (i think) mine have gone hermie, from heat stress.  need to do something about that next time around then.

Yeah, over the last couple of weeks the heatwave really hurt my plants, the Mr Nice got extremely badly burnt when I turned the fans instead of the lights off by accident - fortunately I was gonna harvest him that same day, but if I wanted him to go on, it would've been a disaster.

I'm shutting down over summer, I grow in a tin shed and just can't get temps down (even with mega fans).

oh oh. just looking over that plant now, and i found a bunch of YELLOW bananas :peace:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/nugget23/th_DSCF0250Custom.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/nugget23/th_DSCF0249Custom.jpg

I guess this means the rest of the plants will be most likely pollinated?

The BDS was the youngest out of my last grow - he only got 6 weeks 2 days of flower, the other strains got 7 weeks 1 day.

Mine are at 35 days today.

cheers for all the help guys, thanks alot :thumbsup

Edited by nugget23

oh oh. just looking over that plant now, and i found a bunch of YELLOW bananas :peace:

I guess this means the rest of the plants will be most likely pollinated?

Likely, but you have no way of knowing the extent of the pollination unless you let them grow, judging by the fact that that hermie was probably quite young it may not have shed alot of pollen as yet.

I had Hermies which I didn't catch in with my females in 2 previous grows, both times the pollination varied.

- A plant which was to the right of the hermie only had 6 seeds.

- A plant which was to the left of the hermie was about 90% seeded.

- The hermie itself was 99.9999% seeded.

- A plant which was behind the hermie was only about 20% seeded.

So yeah, it varies, depends how much pollen got out and it's pretty much randomly down to air currents as to how much your plants get seeded.

EDIT - Just saw your pics, I'm 100% sure it was a hermie based of those last ones.

(Dunno what Tom thinks, to be fair, he's grown like 10 years longer than me, so take his advice over mine I guess).

Edited by Eikel