Spider mite control log

I have my first indoor garden. Just 4 girls I adopted (not sure of strain could be white Russian, Super Skunk, Bubbleberry or something completely different) form an over crowded foster home attic. They are between 2 sets of 40w florescent bulbs (160w). They are at apx 70F/21C/294K

I have spider mites. I have noticed the spots for a while but thought it might be a fert. (or lack of problem) Just noticed the webbing on Dec. 30.

Sprayed with a tobacco/hot pepper/soap mix that night.

Was planning on starting the 12/12 flower cycle at midnight of the new year and did.

Today Jan 1st I removed all the webbing I saw after misting with water. Bought some 0.025% Bifenthrin spray. The directions said to spray on walls and corners for both indoor and outdoor use. I directly sprayed my plants on both sides of leaves until some of the leaves just started to drip.

Feel free to post your logs if you are currently combating mites or any other critters, Please don't leave advice on fighting them off there is plenty of that on the web. THANKS

Edited by zaranath1

Well most of the chemical burned leaves have died off except for the large shade leaves.

Thankful the is healthy looking fresh growth.

Haven't seen any more signs of spider mites, Thinking of testing 1/4 strength spray on a few test leaves to see if it burns they, if not giving them another spray at 1/4 strength.

Hello ,

prevention seems to be best insecticide should be sprayed around vents foolr and pots regulary, only spraying plants if needed the neem works well and in some soils soon. But thisAbermectin Roadblock speaks of is this just mite or all bug killer as looking for less toxic options than curently using (lorsban) works a treat on most bugs kills all but a white afid critter. Those mites can taste nasty but id smoke it but not with insecticide ude in the last 4 weeks. Not nice the mite they stay quiet untill numbers rise to a point where there are so many there is little you can do, other than strip the most infected leaves where they concentrate.

((( What sorta things have Avermectin in them?? ))))

Hello guys

Sorry fellas abermectin is the wrong spelling its called Avermectin and is the active ingrediant in Mite Rid that hydro shops sold in 10ml vials for a while , its in product Avid also, Ive used it early in the grow a few times and it stops Spidermite in there tracks with no burning or such on the plants , these links will give you the info Ferengi your looking for .

http://www.uky.edu/Ag/Entomology/entfacts/trees/ef421.htm

http://www.pesticideinfo.org/Detail_Chemic...?Rec_Id=PC33818

Rod