Plant Identification

Hi. I'm just after some info on plant identification, strain id, ect. I've got a container of seeds I've collected over the years. I've been growing for about a year, but I never know exactly what I'm growing. I'm just wondering if they are a certain strain of plant,does it need more or less nutrients, ph adjustment, ect. I'd like to look at the leaf and kinda know what I'm geting at the end. Thanks... Like your site.... :shy:

HI there and welcome to the site Orion :shy:

Considering you have collected the seeds from different sources for so long it's impossible to tell what type of plant it is till you actually grow it. Even then as it's a mixed collection of seeds from unknown sources you probably wont get the same plant each time. You basically have a lucky dip of seeds in terms of genetics and quality.

Have you considered making a mother plant from one of the quality seeds? That way in the future you will at least know that it is a female... :thumbsup

I'd like to look at the leaf and kinda know what I'm geting at the end.

sorry to say it but if you planted those seeds, took the clearest images possible and asked us what strains you are growing, we wouldnt be able to tell you much, probably at the most we would be able to guess the indica - sativa percentage :shy:

if you truely wanna know what you are growing, buy some seeds from a seedbank from the original breeder.

Hi. Thanx for tha welcome. just wondering....when you say "making a mother plant from one of the quality seeds", Not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean cloning?....Also, wondering on info on seedbanks...I've done a few quality grows, just not up with tha lingo...Thanx again guys

Hey mate, how goes. I reckon that means to keep one of your female seedlings, the best one usually. Get her back on 18-24 hours light a day and she'll stay in veg. From here you can cut your female clones like you were saying.

Grow on :shy:

Hi. Thanx for tha welcome. just wondering....when you say "making a mother plant from one of the quality seeds", Not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean cloning?....Also, wondering on info on seedbanks...I've done a few quality grows, just not up with tha lingo...Thanx again guys

by selecting a mother plant we mean take a cutting of your best female plant, vege it for a bit and use it for more cuttings in the future so your plants are all identical from that strain :smoke

i have orded from Xpat Seeds with great results as have others on this forum...other people on ozstoners have also ordered from Planet Skunk and have had simular results, best of all, they are both run by aussies :smoke

hwdy...thanx for tha info guys...been good....just had a quick squiz at tha seed bank sites. Had my eye on "spanish skunk blanc", "australian blue", "ice", and "superskunk"....wonderin if anyone had any thoughts on those...This might be a silly question, but are tha seeds guaranteed ta be female??? And would it be a good idea ta get them delivered to a post office box???..thanx again... :peace:

hwdy...thanx for tha info guys...been good....just had a quick squiz at tha seed bank sites. Had my eye on "spanish skunk blanc", "australian blue", "ice", and "superskunk"....wonderin if anyone had any thoughts on those...This might be a silly question, but are tha seeds guaranteed ta be female??? And would it be a good idea ta get them delivered to a post office box???..thanx again... lol

sure as shit dont buy ice, seedbanks hype it up, most people that have grown it say it was a complete waste of time and money :peace:

dunno what the rest would be like except for super skunk which you wont wanna grow unless you have extreme smell protection running 24/7, gives a great smoke though :smoke

if you are after something that is cheap, assured of being potent + giving considerable yields, then go for afghani #1 or Super Skunk from sensi seeds, ordered though xpat, they are around $80 per pack and both are cannabis cup winners so you know you cant go wrong :smoke

about the male to female ratios of seeds, its virtually a lucky dip mate :thumbdown statistics say you should get a 50/50 ratio of males to females, but chances are you'll end up with more of one sex than the other, in most cases its females too :smoke