Selecting a New Keeper

nitram

I have been growing from clones with this 'Mum" keeper.

I am finding I have seemed to let her get to thin around the waist.

post-5398-1135651322_thumb.jpg

Now she is right up top and will be cloned from on Thursday. So, should she keep her place. I am keeping 2 strains atm.

This Is both side by side post-5398-1135651795_thumb.jpg

This is a close up of the replacement post-5398-1135651931_thumb.jpg

It is so tempting to put this plant to flower tbh. I'm trying to plan ahead & never give up this particular strain. It's just too fast , sturdy, bulky, sokes up well to boot.

I know mum's well recovered from my last round of cut taking, I do want to keep some new strains in 2006. I think I can manage 4 more at the most. But I would seriously need to brush up on 'bonzi'. Get some new lights for veging & cloning.... oh the thoughts .. rails 2x600w HSP's :shy:

Back to reality now.

they look like nice strains to me so i would keep them all :D

you can keep plants in really small pots for a few weeks to a few months past the time when they should have been transplanted and it does make them a hell of alot smaller than a normally grown plant...could also put them outdoors and take cuttings when needed :D

i just hate to see a strain die off so if you have the ability, i would keep it alive :shy:

wantdachronic....i just hate to see a strain die off so if you have the ability, i would keep it alive

Exactly why I don't want to loose her - I didn't mind mutalating her as it was for a worthy cause.

You see this is a mother & daughter. I was asking if this was a fine daughter to become 'Queen'. The daughter is short and has got many low branching (better for clones).

Genetically mum is totally stable. I have never had a hermie ....not ever :shy:

all clones showed consistant timing and yields.

You never know, as Thursday approaches and I take a round of clones off mum I am going to have to decide to keep the mum "as is" and look after her or look to the daughter as the "heir to the trone"........ :scratchin

Edited by nitram

everest .......  yea fresh start from clone would be a wise move 

wantdachronic ..............  well if the smaller one is just a cutting from the original mother, then i dont see any harm in replacing it

Thats what I thought! :scratchin

e .... as long as your happy

Thanks for the advice & I am reasuered/happy now - you get a little nervous & attached when keeping her so long. If I decide to put her to flower You will see her. today is clone day to replace 8 I fied after rooting them. 10 x mums cutts & 10 x Thai Sat's (there abouts). :smoke