Why are some strains more purple than others?

It can also be due to 'recessive' genes.....and only experssed every 1,000 od seeds from one plant. The plant that has the 'resessive' genetic trait usually adopts the genetic sex of the parent with the gene (ie. comes rom a female originally then most of the plants seeds will also be female.

There were some reports of the genetic purple traited plants in 'Nimbin' sometime about 3 - 5 yrs ago.

I picked up this girl who did not turn purple (more an olive coloured purple) untill it flowered and was "spindally" and bloody purple right down to the shade leaves once flowered.

********** post-5398-1135596509_thumb.jpg **************

old news that :shy:

the purple can also be introduced by messing with the nutrients. i think its potassium when deficient causes some plants to purple up as well...but i think we should wait for a grow guru to confirm that  :D

Phospherous deficiency turns the plant leaves purple generally, and i think the buds too slightly. It also harms the plant and is silly to do if you just want a purple plant. Best way is to go with the purple strains on the market.

I had one years ago that was so purple it was nearly black, my cousin coudn't see it in the shade 3 feet in front of him even when i pointed it out, he only saw it when i grabbed hold of it.

Sadly it met a horrible end under a slasher, i managed to save about a 1/4 and it was smooth and delicious. Unfortunately, no cuttings, no seeds. :thumbdown