going on holiday

hey

ive got and outside grow @ the moment of 5 plants and at the end of this month im going on holiday for 1 or 2 weeks and wanna make sure my plants are ok when im gone.

Because it can get pretty hot throughout the day they need watering every second day.

So far ive got a plastic water tank thing that holds 9-10lt and drilled a hole in the bottom and put some irregation pipe into it. Sort of a drip system and the end i crimped it and put a pin hole for the water to come out.

The result is a small water drop that continuosly drips slowly out. I tryed it on some rose bush in a pot last nite and in the morning the dish it sits on was completely full off water (The water had seeped thru the pot)

If i did this could it kill my plants by over watering?

My plants at the moment are about 30cm tall bushy and green.

Any ideas would be good

thanks

hey thanks for the reply

i forgot to mention that my plants are out in the bush, so I can only have something basic that doesnt involve any electricity etc..... 9-10lt tank hold all the water hose draining to plants.

Would that timer thing work ? i dunno

dunno either. I think most timers run on mains power.

there are products around like some sort of crystals of gell that you add to soil that store water so if you give it a good water before you go the soil will stay moist longer. Can't help you out on where you get them though. Just seen them mentioned around the place.

maybe if some outdoor growers could give their opinions on whether or not the plants are likely to die in 2 weeks?

You could try getting a bottle of wetting agent, I went away for 6 weeks recently and left my plants out over summer in Northern Australia, when I came back, although we had little rain, they were still fine, although they hadn't budded up as well as they could have, I added a little miracle grow and they took off again like they had never stopped.

My advice:

Miracle Grow and Some soil wetting agent, both can be bought from K-Mart.

ps. I left them as seedlings.

What about car battery,alligator clips, an a 12 volt pump either on 12v timer or a slow continuos drip, should keep things going for coupla weeks.

cheers Mozzhttp://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/contrib/edoom/cool_shades.gif

p.s. had something similar once an the farking wallabies knocked one of the alligator clips off :angry:

hence a wee fence, an the farking buffalo trampled that :angry:

been inside now, about 5 or 6years with 100% success rate (an havent come across any more bent buffalo, few wrecked friends but)http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/lilly/hmm3grin2orange.gif