Carbon Filter sizes

Nath

Hi is there a guide to what size carbon filter is needed for what room.. Im planning a new grow with 2x 600w HPS lights in a room. I got the lighting, just need a fan and carbon filter now. I was thinking about doing it in a cupboard, or two seperate walk in robes, but its easier just converting a whole room and then getting a replacement door for in/out air.

Dunno, moving into a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment, so it will be pretty small. Should be able to veg with 1x 600w HPS, then by the time flowering comes I get my centrelink advance, so thats a free $500.. I can put that to 2 more lights, or maybe a nice fan or something that I need to get a decent yield/stealth.

A suitable Phat filter for that sized wattage would be about 150x600mm, which would definitely require a centrifugal 150mm fan. Anything above a 150x300 filter really requires the high pressure that a centrifugal can acheive.

If you do go down the "homemade" route, keep the carbon packed as tightly as you can, and make the surface area of the filter as high as possible if you are using an axial inline fan.

Hope that helps.