"Pot helped me cope with chemo"

Brash

Question

ETHERIDGE: 'POT HELPED ME COPE WITH CHEMOTHERAPY'

Rocker MELISSA ETHERIDGE snorted marijuana fumes as she coped with the side effects of chemotherapy because it was the only thing that comforted her.

The singer/songwriter, who is now cancer free after her brush with death, used marijuana to help her cope with the worst of radiation therapy on the advice of doctors - but when smoking the drug made her feel sick, she took to inhaling it.

She recalls, "I bought a vaporiser to heat up the herb, which I'd inhale four or five times a day.

"Using the pot was the best advice anybody gave me. It relieved most of my symptoms and I got a great deal of comfort from it."

Etheridge is now urging US politicians to reverse strict laws that forbid people from using medical marijuana.

She adds, "I'm furious that our country is denying the use of pot as pain relief. It should be legalised for medicinal purposes.

"I wonder if I'd have got through chemotherapy without it."

Date: 09/12/2005

Source: contactmusic.com - article link

Copyright: © Contactmusic.com Ltd 2005

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet