Cutting Down Visibility

not sure what they are called but i'm sure we've all seen the nets that alot of horticulturists use outdoors for keeeping birds etc from attacking they're crops, usually seen alot in wineries.

available in black or white also is good for if you have dark/light leaf strains.

obvously you won't be able to grow 15 foot monsters in your front yard, (perhaps you could if you were keen enough lol) but for the backyard it would just aid in making the ladies inconpicuous as it is very hard to distinguish whats beneath them.

~Boe~

Guest Urbanhog

there's a other option of cutting down "eye level" visualibity, is get a strong string and tie them down, and let them grow side ways and all the branches will be growing upwards, some claim they get increased yeild growing this way because there's more sunlight towards thr branches that's growing upwards. I have no proof to support this, but I have seen some nice pics on some High Times or whatever websites.

I knew a guy years ago, he grew 2 plants up the tree, used water crystals in the pots tied up the tree, and I told him what about possums? he said nah, he got a large sheet of metal and tied around the bottom of the tree so the possums can't climb up/pass the metal sheet cos their paws won't support their "hold".

Cheers, Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

another excellent idea tom.

as for tying down, that big hallide in the sky still pulls them towards it... so therefore, it still has to come up, i don't have a full paddock to grow a 15 foot round monster lol and at the rate it's growing tying it down wouldn't alter the height much anyway, most trees i've seen tied down have still been pretty high (seen a few about 15 foot). buit still about 20 feet around.

if you have the room it would be a great idea i spose, about the yield i would imagine more because they seem to grow like many trees from the sidetracking branches, but topping produces more branches aswell and theres still a dispute as to wether it really adds to the yield, i've tipped mine minorly while they were young and they are growing nice and bushy but not too bushy, pretty perfect i think lol (were compact but not for long :) ) it's all personal preference. but i wouldn't do it anymore because it's just too much, and with them getting too bushy takes some pretty keen ass pruning to allow the light back in to the good bits.

Guest Babybear
there's a other option of cutting down "eye level" visualibity, is get a strong string and tie them down, and let them grow side ways and all the branches will be growing upwards, some claim they get increased yeild growing this way because there's more sunlight towards thr branches that's growing upwards. I have no proof to support this, but I have seen some nice pics on some High Times or whatever websites.

I have seen this done it kinda looks like they grow like grape vines ;)

It worked well for us, had it growin in my organic vegey garden , used an old bed fram for it to grow against an a tany hand made hammock kinda thing that was strawn acrose the top of them , it go full sun all day nice water lots of drainage, they only prob was the the plant would rest against the tany string an leave little light brown marks

But doin that got me thinkin if you can train a weed plant what eles could we do with them other then normal grow up :blink:..

the bit about gettin more buds i agree even thou it turned out to be a male an So called mate took half of the stash was a nice turn out :).. the more i read ppls stories about growin the more i miss my babies :P