Grabbin Peyote From NSW

Recently I have found a scorce of Lophophora Williamsii aswell as Trichocereus bridgesii, Trichocereus pachanoi and Trichocereus peruvianus seeds plants and cuttings. Unfortunatly for me these are in NSW but lucky for me I am hitting NSW over christmas. So i was planning on dropping in and grabbing some peyotes for myself and a bunch of seeds to plant. Perhaps i may start selling them to people interested in the not too distant future but at the moment i was just wondering if anyone enlse wanted any aswell if i can manage to get some.

To my understanding these are the prices:

Peyote Lophophora williamsii Cactaceae cactii 1 packet $22.00

Peyote, from Lophophora williamsii Cactaceae cactii 50 millimetre $44.00

San Pedro 1 Trichocereus bridgesii Cactaceae ornamental 100 millimetre $44.00

San Pedro 3 Trichocereus pachanoi Cactaceae ornamental 100 millimetre $33.00

San Pedro 3 Trichocereus pachanoi Cactaceae ornamental 1 packet $13.20

San Pedro 2 Trichocereus peruvianus Cactaceae ornamental 100 millimetre $44.00

San Pedro 2 Trichocereus peruvianus Cactaceae ornamental 1 packet $13.20

San Pedro 1 Trichocereus bridgesii Cactaceae ornamental 1 packet $13.20

this is what the supplier is charging before postal costs and perhaps i may be able to get a disctount on a bulk deal. ATM i am still negotiating with the grower and it isnt an ironclad thing yet but if anyone has an interest then post it so i can organise everything in time and get all the money together etc.

Where also going to have to keep in mind the fact that my car will not hold a shipload of peyotes and pedro's and im not going to be the only person in the car.

Cheers Y'all

Hey Btw anyone i was just thinking about it and i know san pedro's are legal in Vic but i haven't been able to find out about Peyote does anyone know what the laws are reguarding Lophophora Williamsii in Vic?

I was under the impression that it was illegal in all area's of australia, however a few people have told me otherwise so you may be best to pm someone like funkyfungus who will definatly know

beond the legalities though there is the moral delema of eatign one of the greatest suculents around and they take EVER so long to mature

imo " if hypotheticly you wanted to eat one , I would do a tissue graft onto a cacti like a san pedro as this will give it a fantastic boost in growth and then for the last 8-9 months before you eat it put it into soil on it's own roots which will build up the apropriate alkaloid content

Well I have looked into victorian law indepth and also have asked on many cacti related forums and the answer tot he legalities of all Peyote and San Pedro dervitives and strains and they are perfectly legal to own and grow. However if it is provable in the court of law that you have them in possesion with the purpose of consumption or sale for consumption you face the same penalties that apply to propergating MJ or cocaine.

I know exactly what you are talking about Pure with this being a sacred and respected plant. I don't think I could bring myself to consume one especially something i had grown myself. I am more interested in growing Lophophora as a conservationist as they do face instinction from over harvesting but i would like to see those indians harvest mine! :devilred:

Lophophora for me are an ideal plant to grow as it will work well as part of the Terrarium i'm building for a colony of central bearded dragons i plan on buying. As i will be using about 300watt's of UV lights to make good sized basking area for my pets It would make good use of the light and enclosed control environment to have a peyote or two in thier. I personally think that it would add a nice feature for the veiwing pleasure of my terrarium and their is no chance of my pets eating my plants either.

In addition Hanky i think it was seems quite psoitive if i were to grow MJ i would b busted on the second of germination and dammit i gotta grow something to get my green thumb outta my arse!

Peace all!