I just am about to go home (Queenland) from a holiday and I bought this really good cheap as water pipe(7.95) from some asain store and I was wondering if I would get into any trouble if I put it in my suitcase for when I go home. It will just be a domestic flight and I was wondering if I could get into any trouble at all if some x-ray dude saw it. It hasn't been used at all and is clean as a whistle. I was also wondering if the laws are different in Qld than in any other places.

Any help would be most apreciated

Wez

hahaha raverspec I even considered putting fake flowers in it so I could use that excuse. Why am I so paranoid though?

because you dont wanna get locked up :devilred: as long as you dont have anything else on you like seeds, buds, cuttings, etc. say nothing unless asked and say "oh shit, i guess i gotta send that back to my brother when i get home" lol denial of knewledge leaves police/customs in a hard position :sly

I dont think you could get into any trouble for a bong because it is simply used to smoke tobacco lol If they were to ban bongs they would have to ban the old man tobacco pipes u see every father puffing on in old movies. The only possible way they could pin you is to scrape the gunk and ganja from inside ur bong and wiegh it. I think they'd only b able to do this in vic tho because in vic they will weigh anything weed related and pin u 4 it stems leaves and all.

Really in aus u can pretty much walk down the road with a bong and i have many times before just dont have any weed on you at the time and you may want to remember that not everyone in your area wants to be exposed to that. I was just fortunate to be living in Norlane Geelong at the time and anyone who knows that area would know that there are no non smokers in residence.

My understanding is that technically all bongs in NSW are illegal. Other pipes must have been smoked in before to be classified as 'implements used for the purposes of smoking indian hemp'.

The bong law came in as a knee-jerk reaction by the Unsworth Government, that brief little interlude between the Wran and Greiner Governments of NSW. I always called it the 'cardigan amendment' as Barry Unsworth was well known for his cardigans. Apprently the Premier had heard on Shock-jock-talkback-radio that <shock horror> bongs used to smoke the evil weed were actually openly on sale in shops around Sydney - the sky was at risk of falling in so the government moved quickly to quell the menace. People's garden hoses have been getting shorter ever since.

The same logic would have seen Tally Hos banned as well. The irony is most tobacconists sell ice pipes these days with impunity.

Edited by Brash