FINALLY got one up.

Guest Eikel

This is the second packet of seeds I got of the San Pedro, the difficulty in germinating these things compared to MJ is IMMENSE...

Anyway, finally got one up and doing well in rockwool, I have another 15 seeds waiting to sprout, 9 of which look to be doing something.

(7 ungerminated Trichocerus Panachoi, and 8 ungerminated Loph Williamsii still to go).

1" rockwool cube shown in these pics.

post-4190-1133585172_thumb.jpg

post-4190-1133585243_thumb.jpg

Good wark Eikel,

Handy tip that can come in handy if you overwater it is quite easy to remove unwanted water but sitting on kitchen paper, I only watered my new cut 10/15ml per cube every 3 days and still too wet. Really have to shake 90% of soak water out of cube before planting.

Good work, I have very little experience growing cacti from seed, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that rockwool can be really frusrating for transplanting later on.

This is true IF you want to remove the rockwool all together , However if you leave it in the cube it just gets planted itself so you never have to remove the plant , imo rockwool wouldn't be a great thing to be sprouting cacti seeds in , primaraly because a wet fabric of ANY sorts at the very base of the cactus is very bad for it later in life, sure for now you rely on keeping it moist ect cause thats how it likes to grow at first , later on though you will want to be carefull NOT to water onto the wool as it stores FAR too much water

I get a pretty good germination rate , from sived coco coir ,and sand , fill a box or tray of some sorts , and sow the seeds close to eachother BUT ONE BY ONE , not with a mix of sand and then sprinkle over the medium , that works for poppies but it doesn't have a good success rate with cacti

I recently got seed from Vancouver seedbank. (Very nice ppl fast service) I put some cactus soil in a terrarium bowl and gave a good soak with a spray mist with plain filtered water. It's going on 2 weeks now.

Can anyone tell me how long they might take to sprout? There's peyote and peruvian torch.

I've got some other cactus seed going just fine in another bowl and they sprouted much quicker, sure, plain old cactus no problem...the good stuff.......eh

Can anyone offer the old lady some reassuring words or advice?