Green House Grow

Hey.

We have an old green house in the back of our yard, which got me thinking on the green side.

Iv been wanting to grow for a while now, but just havnt realy got the time / skills.

I was wondering how well green house grows usualy work out.

Also what sort of maintenance they need in a green house.

Cheers

::M1557::

Greenhouse is very good for cultivating the lovely mary Jane....

..The Humid, warm temps provided...even on cooler windy days is ideal (especially if the sun is out) are ideal to say the least. They grow very fast in a decent Greenhouse, cloning is also a breeze.....

..Only 1 problem with the greenhouse grows is you have to watch humidity levels during the latter stages of flowering or else Mold can prove itself a serious problem.

Besides this, Greenhouse is a most effective method, if you can do it GO FOR IT!!!!! I'd do it too if i could, but too many people would find out what i'm "really" growing in there instead of Tomatoes...which would not be in my best interests!!!!!

Edited by ThcAholic

Yes be carefull around harvest time as mold can go berserk very quicky if you dont have enough airflow , also try and have your feed tanks covered to keep excess humidity down as much as you can .

Be prepared for pests that you never had inside , they can multiply quickly .

Be very diligent in your water management , pythium can be bad !

Feed a lower strength nutrient as they transpire a lot more water than indoors , or depending on your system have plenty of flow especially in a meduim that drys out quick like perlite .

Apart from those points everything is great in a greenhouse , they grow faster and larger and are a more lime green than indoors but the buds are generally not quite as tight as the speed of growth in a greenhouse doesnt allow the density of indoor where they kinda just fester and get dense those last couple of weeks .

Good luck

Rod

Edited by Roadblock

M1557 - Hi & welcome to the "green side" :thumbsup

Iv been wanting to grow for a while now, but just havnt realy got the time / skills.[/

Yea ya have ! time management can be a problem when you get the bug tbh. One thing is good is that the plants grow by themselves. lol

read this post and was met with doom and more doom ....... cone on peeps.....

I think they have covered most ailments you can have or possibly experience (mold, heating/ventalation, feed problems :whistling .

Some good tips & worthy of note........ but the outdoor grow this time of year is right & your right on time too. :devilred:

Goodluck

Edited by nitram

What is the greenhouse built from and does it have windows/removable panels/flaps that can be opened, is there a nearby power source if needed?

Iv been wanting to grow for a while now, but just havnt realy got the time / skills.

Caring for the plants themselves takes up very little time, the time we spend just looking at them is what takes up most of the day, :devilred: as for the skills, you have heaps of them to call on here.

lol

I'm doing a greenhouse grow now and loving it and besides the wind battering the shit out of it, I haven't had too many dramas. As already stated you'll need a door or flap you can leave open for circulation but make sure you use a piece of light shade cloth or flyscreen and cover the hole so you can still keep the pests out.

If you click the link in my signature it'll take you to my grow lol

Good luck and all the best :thumbsup

Sir Crop , I see your in Vic so the humidity will be low , if your up nth dont spray water into it or you will get a mold problem for sure during flowering , also you can get an opaque covering that is designed for comersial greenhouse,s it has UV ratings and guarenteed light transmission ratings and you carnt see through it. I orded a roll through a garden supply its great , ventilation is big time important cause it can get real hot in a plastic bag in summer but if you have ample air flow they will handle the heat no problems , my Greenhouse has 8 4oowatt lights that come on at 6am to 10 ( sun overhead ) and then again at 3.30 to 6pm to give a full light day also if its real overcast I,ll leave them on all day , like I said earlier your buds will be bigger volume (fluffy) but not as dense as a good well lighted indoor , its all kinda works out about the same in the bag at the end of the day between in and out on a per plant basis ..

Rod

Edited by Roadblock