Seeding a few buds on the plant

Ok i have about 8 plants im growing and i always have trouble getting seeds so i thought.

When my plants start to flower and i take out the males could i keep one growing about 100m away then when its flowers start to have resin on them get a swab and then take it to the female plant and rub it on a few flowers?

then kill the male plant.

Would this just make the one or two buds seed or the whole plant and plants around it?

even if it is one plant that seeds im not to worried just dont want al of them to seed.

thank you

Pollen can travel up to 5kms.

You can try it but don't be surprised if all your plants seed up. It's better to have the plant you want to seed in isolation from the rest of the crop when you dust with pollen.

Best to take proper precautions otherwise you'll totally wreck your crop.

2 months ago i finished an outdoor patch. I took pollen from a friends grow room and attempted to seed one of the plants.

They were not potted so i could not isolate them. All the plants around the one i seeded have all produced seeds, Pissed me off big time as it was my winter stash..

The seeded plant is also unsmokable.. Well not totally but the buds were destroyed...

Good luck

Xpat

my friend told me if im gonna do some outdoor breeding, watch out for xpat's experience as you dont wanna spend months tending to your plants only to have them all seeded up....he suggested isolating the plants or if thats not possible, get a big plastic bag, preferably clear but as long it lets in light and not air, its all good. and put that bag over the bud/s you wish to seed up...once the bag is on the bud, carefully put the pollen on the bud with a fine paint brush and pull out of the bag gently so you dont spill any pollen getting your hands out, then just tie the bag up around the stem so the pollinated bud is totally isolated from the rest of the crop and in a week, pull it all off and you should be fine :bleh:

i personally havent tried that so im not too sure how it would work, sounds logical to me but i would also probably mist some water on the inside of the bag to increase the humidity a tiny bit so the buds and leaves dont dry out but that could also cause mold, if your gonna do it, follow the old saying and dont leave all your eggs in the one basket :bleh: