Frost tolerant plants

Hey guys

Does any one know of a cannabis plant that survives -1C for more than 3 hours at night in the winter?

If there is a plant what cultivare is it?

If not one of you breeders should really start working on a strain that can handle the frost put some kind of royalty on the sale of the seed or clones ect.

and would be some money in it for you to.

Allthough it would be hard to police in this industrie.

Also i might give it a go breeding a plant that handles frost as i know it has been done in other species.

How would i go about it? does anyone know where to get information on breeding?

Thank you

As far as i know most plants will handel the cold but dont quote me on that, i have keepet a plant out doors for just on 5 years when i lived back in syd and we use to get some pretty mean frosts were i use to live, in winter time i just keep my plant in a green house and brang her back out when the frost was gone.

But who knows u mite be able to breed a mj plant that can handel the frost for those ppl in colder climates who wish to grow only outdoors...

I am just out of syndey more kempscreek way.

I might keep my plants out there in winter each year and let them seed and hopefully they handle it and create a breed which still grows in the colder climates.

The only thing is somtime plants will revert back to there originall state from seed i hope this was not to happen.

( I know this happens in the native plants i have seen around)

I know kempscreek area as i lived in mt druitt and the frost can get pretty mean out that way, and it can get pretty cold, the plant wont handel the frost for a full winter it will kill it, but if you can work out some way of putting a little shade cloth tent over them so the frost cant settel on the plant, and u should be able to keep it for years...

Apparently some of the Aussie Mutant Bastard (abc) Cannabis X's can withstand severe frosts.

Does anyone know where to get them though?

If anyone has a pure abc or can help please PM me.

I got something similar yet different about 10 years ago

which died from stem-rot before I could get seed. I took

some cuttings from the sick plant which also didn't make it.

I have never been able to get any since then :-(

The plant was sold to me for $50 by a friend of a friend

who threw a bunch of seeds in his garden & one turned

out to be a complete novelty - small leaves, with each

finger having fingers where serations would normally be

and each of those fingers had smaller fingers, all neatly

woven together such that they looked like small ruffled

strawberry plant leaves with rich purple stems. No light

got through the leaves as the fingers were tightly woven.

I'm guessing it was related to the following 'abc' Xs etc,

yet it had much more handsome ruffled strawberry plant

shaped leaves.

13 Jun, 2005 - CC55 -> Aussie Bastard Cannabis Redux

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/4292.html

Normal ABC http://www.cannabisculture.com/library/ima.../4292-ABC_1.jpg

Different ABC by Volcano, Interesting Shape :-)

http://www.cannabisculture.com/library/ima...-abc_leaves.jpg

- Regards.

what ever you get has to be indica and the only indica i can think of that tolerates very cold temps

is a strain that is grown 3000 mts up on the snow -line of the Hindu Kush Range in Afghanistan/Pakistan

maybe those genes could be present in seedbanks hash plant and afghani strains :rolleyes:

these strains are only suggestions .....hope you do find something anyways :whistle:

edit: or you could get a heap of seeds, 100 or as many as you can handle/plant

cause its a good chance some will make it thru the cold, owing to the extreme diversity and adaptability in cannabis

even bagseed as long as it was off heavily seeded dope, would be worth trying IMO

• Admin
Seems to be a lot of stories about ABC weed so thought I would bump this post and mention the fact that "ABC weed" is a long way back down the line now days as I know the breeder who has been breeding several varities of this for the past 20 odd years. Sometimes also know as bindi weed the breeder has actually never called it either of these and has never been public about his breeding and a lot of the articles you can find mentioning ABC or bindi weed are a suprise to him but seeing them has him regreting ever having given away some bagseed of his earlier generations. The true name to this strain is actually known as Mongy to the breeder and I'm sure you will soon see Mongy Weed (ABC/Bindi weed) as it was originally intended to be released.