PLease help me - My plants R dying!!!!

my digicam is fukd, so ill describe it as best i can.

ive got 12 plants in a 1.2mx1.2mx2m grow box, 2x 600w hps, 200mm centrifugal fan 4 exaust and 2x desk fans inside.its very well ventillated and stays under 30c.

im growing in cana coco, 10L pots.and im hand watering them, they are 4 weeks into flowering and approx 800-900mm tall, white rhino.ive been growing like this for a long time and ive never had this kind of problem, i would appreciate anybodys help.

It started about 1 week ago, now 3 of my plants are almost dead, and a few more arnt looking real good...

There dont seem to be any visible bugs on the plant, but if I stir up the coco with my hands theres a alot of small fruit fly looking bugs flying around, it also happens when i water them, the main symptoms on the plant seem to be very brittle branches and stems, they will snap like a dry branch. there is alot of colour loss in some of the leaves, similar to a dehydrated plant..

So they seem to be attacking the root system.

My plant are well looked after, i will only water them when they need it, usually every 2nd or 3rd day, at PH 5.8, PPM 1600

Anybodys help would be very much appreciated..

cheers,

slipee+-

It is difficult with no pic. Can you come at this from a different angle. What can you discount (ie. over watering/nute OD/heat & ventalation ect).

It would look like you have identified something (black flys). Unfortunately, more to the point perhaps fortunately, I have very little insect/fungal/bacterial problem experience & knowlede.

What Coco specific flowering nutes R U using? I use COGr- Flores.

Perhaps if I ask about how you store the nutes ionce you have made the mix up. I use a plastic 44 g garbage bin with lid

If you try to cover your res (storeage bin) so the flies can't get to multiply.

Do you have them flying around ? "Sticky tabs" I know have been ok and not invasive, or toxic if used correctly.

Goodluck billhickslives

sounds like fungal gnats to me and since you are so far along into flower, about all i can recommend is buying a heap of garlic and putting that around your plants OR if you are truely desperate, try a vegetable bug killer but make sure to wash the buds many times after a day or so, you dont wanna smoke any chemicals :peace:

keep in mind prevention is better than a cure, for your next grow, clean everything out, use all new mediums, etc....will cost a bit but will save you this same hassle next crop :smoke

cheers nitram,im using advanced Nutrients, although i can asuure you its not a nut prob.as i said in my post its very well ventilated, and heat is not a problem.

I make my nuts up each feed, i prefer to mix them up fresh each time, in a 20L water container. I am an experienced grower and i can recognize nut deficiencys, over/under water etc, so im sure its not an enviromental problem.

thanks for ya help....

cheers guys, although im in my 4th week, my plants(white rhino) usually go for 10-11 weeks, so i was thinking i should still have enough time to hit them, with some sort of organic herbicide-pesticide???

Do fungus gnats/scairid fly problems include very brittle plants???as that seems to be the main symptom...

My grow room is clean, and i always wash it with H2O2 each crop....

cheers

slipee

Heya, sounds like the scarid fly i had my plants lost colour and looked really dry, dunno about brittle though, they lay their eggs in the grow medium

when they hatch they eat the roots, stops plants feeding

check that G-room is insect proof

think you will need more than organic pesticide to take these f*ckn terrorists out though, sounds like the've got a go hold

check Hydro Aqua Pet Forum i asked him a while back about remedies for this and he gave numerous solutions

good luck

hey mate scarid flys suck big time. ive recently used Vectobac in three diff rooms and its worked well in all. it can be used in drinking water as well so its harmless.

only thing its like 200 bucks for 5 kilos and thats the smallest size u can get. with a 2 yr shelf life.

dosing is tricky but ive found even large doses (1 teaspoon per litre) to be completely harmless to the plant. a couple good drenches and u will see numbers decline over 1 or 2 weeks.

http://www.garrards.com.au/zone_files/pdf/vect_wdg_broch.pdf

there are garrards all over australia just look int the phone book.

hope this helps