Most chilled state/place regarding marijuana

Hey guys and girls,

I was just wondering where the 'best' place to use and grow marijuana receational in Australia would be. I have read the laws regarding the states, but i dont seem to understand some parts of them. I was under the impression that in SA you could grow one plant legally (i.e If cops were to search your house you could tell them kindly to fuck off etc). I am currently in NSW and know the laws a pretty strict round here, but how about everywhere else. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Well I am a newbie to this country so I cant really say, but I am very interested in the answer. I have no interest in growing, I am not a green thumb and too much of a pussy to take the risk. However I would love to find out what part of Australia is the most accepting, chill, cool about cannabis.

Granted you have your places like Nimbin (that would be my guess for the best place in oz), but I want to live in a nice city that is also cannabis positive. I was talking with Wally Duck about this and he says that Melbourne is really cool and chill and you can even smoke up outdoors, no problem. I would be very interested to hear from other melbourinites how they feel the cannabis acceptatnce is there, particlarly by the cops, do you get hassled a lot, as I am thinking of moving there.

I would really like to find a place that has the same cannabis vibe as Vancouver, where its still illegal, but the cops just dont care, its not worth their time to bust pot heads. I can smoke in the park, there are cannabis cafes where you can bring in your own weed and smoke up, there are many head shops that sell glass pipes and shroom kits, etc...

From my breif amount of time I have been in oz I would say dont come to QLD, it sux balls when it comes to cannabis. Most everyone I have met here is paranoid to smoke it openly, like not even on their porch and QLD passed a law making it illegal to sell, own, or make water pipes. Thats fuct, esepecially for a glass blower like myself, as I really want to make nice water pipes.

I beleive this is the current status of cannabis laws in Aust. taken from Drug Info Clearinghouse (a service provided by the Australian Drug Foundation)

http://druginfo.live4.ddsn.com/

Penalties for minor cannabis offences

Prohibition with civil penalty schemes (infringement notices)

South Australia - Less than 100 grams and no more than one plant (recently reduced from three) 60 days to pay — adults only. Fines between $50 and $150, where failure to pay usually results in a conviction

Australian Capital Territory - Not more than 25 grams or five plants 60 days to pay — adults and juveniles. $100 fine, where failure to pay does not usually lead to a conviction

Northern Territory - Less than 50 grams and no more than two plants 28 days to pay — adults only. $100 fine, where failure to pay results in a debt to the state but not conviction

Western Australia - Less than 30 grams and no more than two plants 28 days to pay — adults only. $100-200 fine or attendance at a specified education session

Prohibition with cautioning and diversion to treatment

Tasmania - Less than 50 grams, plants excluded Caution for first three offences

Victoria - Less than 50 grams, plants excluded Up to two formal cautions for those aged over 17 years

New South Wales - Less than 15 grams Statewide trial extended. Up to two formal cautions

Queensland - Less than 50 grams Mandatory assessment and brief intervention session