have a question about sexing your plants

HI all you lovely people out there. I have a Question might be silly to most but need i the info anyway .. OK i have a few plants now there are all about 4 to 5 foot high now the question how big before you can tell true sex of the plant. All my plants have hairs on the fork of the steams now two have what looks like balls with long hairs coming out of the middle of the little ball is that a he/she plant or a female i am a little confused i didn't think males balls had hairs am i right or way of track? The hairs coming out of the long ball are white and brown god tell me its a female i'll be so happy if not i need to pull it as soon as so could someone get back to me about best way to tell male for female as i have 14 plants i don't want seeds if i can help it .. all so far have white hairs so far but the two i am asking about started with just white hairs till now , just the ball flowers i just not sure about thanks to anyone that gets back to me any help is good help i say have a wonderful day everyone and thanks..

best way i found to explain the flowers without an image to a untrained eye is to say female flowers look like an upside down icecream cone with 2 hairs coming out that start off white and can turn into a multitude of colours ranging from gold to purple and any colour inbetween....male flowers look like the playing card club but a 3D version that when matures, opens up, releases its pollen and the flowers die off shortly after....if you get both types on a plant, its a hermi and should be culled immediately....

I found a boy in my grow yesterday here's his post death picture B)

the plant can be 6 inches high and show its sex ... its a photoperiod time thing rather than height (I think I'm right on that)

so just kep an eye out .. twice a day or more .. if your plants are that tall they have to me a few months old ? so they will show sex now anytime with advancing maturity and light change -

next grow you can take a cutting quite early on in the vegging period and flower it in a 12/12 enviroment seperate to its mother (father) ... it'll take a few weeks maybe, but the cutting will show sex and then you can remove its Father.

hope that helps

lol

post-6261-1130461163_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mushaman

thanks guys looks like they are female i found one male so far its pulled and dead now it was 5 foot before it showed it head the little bugger well only have one more not sure of but watching it to see what it does.

And yes they are a few months old now, now about 6 foot high going to have to tie them down soon getting too tall. The leaves are over the size of you hand so going to be a wild one i hope. Cant believe how well they love it in the green house working wonder so far. Thanks for all your help will add a few pictures once i find a way to get them done without getting into the poo :devilred:. Oh yes i have a out of season female all bud and white hairs be ready for x/mas its only 3 foot but bushy budded will get a picture of her too i have never got one so far out of season in outdoor growing betting she will be a mind blow if lucky well thanks all been a great help as always be cool and enjoy yourselfs.