Where to from here?

SmokinJarhead

Question

As a sufferer of chronic pain and arthritis I've been smoking for a number years and was quite happy with the relief I was getting. Up until early August things were going OK. Had a small personal hydro grow going, new strain of seeds from Xpat to try - then it all turned to shit :scratchin:

I got busted! Have never figured out if it was arsehole neighbours or whatever gave it away but Queensland police came knocking on the door with a search warrant and knew exactly what they were looking for. I had one plant going under a 400 HPS and six seedlings about 5cm outside. Arrested my ass and put me through the works -finger printing, DNA swab - treated me like a fucking criminal. Went to court and got a $480 fine, no conviction recorded and they kept my light, timers, fans,etc. (didn't give a shit about the Auto-pot or nutrients). The magistrate even raised an eyebrow and said "One plant?" when the police prosecutor read out the charges.

Couple of interesting aspects of the whole fucking episode though. According to the police and the Notice to Occupier that was given to us, they can bust you and everybody in the house for growing possession, etc. Luckily for my wife she pleaded ignorance and they left her out of it. During the taped interview the cop asked me if I had medical permission to be growing. Fuck me, if I thought such a thing existed I'd be the first to be asking for one. And when I explained that I was growing/smoking for medicinal purposes he was pretty cool about it. Actually, as much as I hate to say it, the cops were pretty good about the whole thing.

Another thing. Most of the people in 'drug court' that day were older folks. Mostly around late 30's to 50-ish (I'm 41) and pleading medicinal use.

I've since spoken to my GP about smoking pot and she said as far as she was concerned it was as good as having a glass of wine at the end of the day to relax. She also pointed out that some people are weak as fuck and can't get out of bed without a toke. Not a problem for me. I work all day and used to have a few cones at the end of the day to ease the pain and chill out.

So, to my current dilemma. I've now got a fucking useless growroom with no light, fans, timers, etc and can't really afford to replace all that stuff. I don't really want to risk getting busted for growing again as this could potentially fuck up my employment. Not to mention that my old lady would probably cut my nuts off. Should I just drive down to Nimbin and score some smoke down there?

I've also read copious amount of info available on the web about legal defences for 'medical neccessity', etc but without pointing out the bloody obvious it's still considered illegal in Australia. I was heartened to read the article put up by Brash about the recent survey and I pretty much fit into that highest percentage of medicinal users.

Sorry to ramble, but is there anybody out there in a similar situation?

One plant thats pretty shit to get busted for. :rolleyes:

If you don't want to grow again due to risk, or having no money to buy your equipment again i'd suggest just to just buy your natural herb.

Anyway do you know how/why you got busted? did you tell anyone?

i think you need to do some neighbor slaughtering.

:scratchin:

Edited by Doob

And it was only about 2 weeks away from harvest as well.

Nobody knew about the grow. Only about three people even know I smoke and they are all family. There was a chopper that hung around one day but I don't know if that was just me being a paranoid grower or not.

Another pointer for the kiddies out there - the coppers spent one hell of a lot of time searching in my freezer for stored weed.

So sorry to hear of you problems... have you worked out how they could have found you ... sounds like someone knew that wasnt your friend ?

I know a shop that rents everything you need .... all i know is they do it ... dont know the terms and conditions ... if you would like the info drop me a PM

best of luck

:scratchin:

that sux SmokinJarhead, sorry to hear about all this but for just one plant?

I hate taking pain killers man. and chemist are some of the most unfriendlist drugdealers around, they couldn't give a shit if i die from voltaren. why the fuck is that shit legal? I just know voltaren ( Cox-2 inhibitors ) are worse for you than mj. If when i get busted and they ask if i have medical permission, i'm gunna say yes. Can't believe this shit over a plant.

So its ok to be an alcoholic on pain killers,they would prefer that wouldn't they.SmokinJarhead

Why do i live in such a clueless moronic society/world?

Believe it or not this makes me even more determined to start my next grow.

sorry just makes me fucking angry.

Fuck it SmokinJarhead move house and start another grow.

WF

Thats really bad new mate.. :thumbdown

the cops were pretty good about the whole thing.

If they were fair dinkum,they could have just told u to get rid of your shit and dont grow again..I mean to say, 1 plant.. :scratchin: They tend to fill the courts up with the most trivial things.. ;)

I too live in S E Qld and are sometimes worried about LEO, not so much the fine, but the indignity of being arrested for growing a couple of plants.

Good luck with whatever you decide. :rolleyes: