Mothers

if you have taken a clone from a female plant during veg + kept that clone under 24 hrs of light with the intention of keeping it as a mother would it ever show preflowers?

ALL of my plants show pre flowers, wether they are cuttings, plants in vege or flowering, the whole way through the grow cycle i have pre flowers :peace: and thats on 5 different strains lol

if you have taken a clone from a female plant during veg + kept that clone under 24 hrs of light with the intention of keeping it as a mother would it ever show preflowers?

It would depend on the light type. I use 2 type of lights for my clones. A set of twin (2) x 18" blue Sylvinia fluro's and a 400w HID. Occasonally I get a stubon clone which continues to show preflowers especially if kept under fluro's. I noted that clones taken from this keeper is usually a slower grower in veg mode too.

In theory I would think it is a good practice to keep cuttings as close to Flowering mode as possible. I've observed a shorter time peoriod (down from 14 days to 7 days) for cuttings which have been kept close to flowering than those which have been totally reveged. :smoke

cheers for the replies guys.

i'm quite new to growing + i've only worked with clones of 2 strains - 1 developed pre-flowers the other i have vegged for 6 mnths with no signs of pre-flowers. so as you guys say i guess it is strain dependant + at what stage of growth the cutting was taken i guess comes into it too. aswell as lighting + other conditions... obviously pays to get to know your strains. :peace:

I've observed a shorter time peoriod (down from 14 days to 7 days) for cuttings which have been kept close to flowering than those which have been totally reveged.  :smoke

91960[/snapback]

hi nitram, do you mean shorter time for the clones to root or shorter veg time b4 turning them?

all the best,

monkey

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.