Germinating your Veggies indoors

Guest Eikel

Hi Guys, thought I'd share a few pics with you of an experiment I'm doing testing out how veggies germinate indoors as opposed to outdoors (their natural environment).

On Saturday I stuck a few Zucchini seeds into seed-raising mix in pots and put them into my clone setup (runs warm with high RH, probably 30c 65% humidity).

On Sunday I stuck another 10 or so of them into a new plot I setup in my veggie patch.

The indoor ones germinated within 48 hours and had broken through the soil in this time also. The Oudoor ones haven't shown themselves yet, I'm hoping at least a couple germinate.

I plant on leaving the indoor plants under the lights until they have rooted-out the pots they're currently in, then will transplant them into the garden outdoors.

Just for anyone else who was curious about other plants under lights :blink:

post-4190-1129680616_thumb.jpg

Hey Eikel, sorry to highjack your thread, but I think it is on topic, attached is a pic of the best $35 i think I have ever spent, I'm popping veggie seeds like you wouldn't believe, where it is located it gets the morning sun, but by the time the sun starts getting too hot it gets shade from a pergola with shade cloth.

post-5886-1129683428_thumb.jpg

Hey Dsy, that thing looks very cool, a large outdoors humi-crib heh!

Where did you get that from? Do bunnings stock them?

I'll pick one up if I can find one, but for now I'm happy with indoor germination :blink:

do you guys germinate your seeds in the potting mix? last time i did it i put them in the airing cupboard in a moist, sealed container and they germinated within a couple of days.

I just stick mine straight into pots of "Yates" Seed-raising mix.

Works for me - I use it for both MJ and "normal" plants :peace: