How many grams to eat?

The 'problem' I have found with eating pot is that it takes quite a long time before you start to feel anything. This in a way might make you want to take more before the effects start to come on...

You may have to do some experimenting. i.e. start with an amount you are used to, eat it, and then wait a good hour or 2 before taking anymore. This way you'll have a good starting point without going overboard...

I had an incident where I made cookies with some hash oil, after eating some of the cookies I couldn't move for like half a day. I reackon my heart was beating at about 1 BPM :P

But yeah, just start small and work your way up.

Edited by flipster

You need to heat THC to activate it, and get stoned from it, and remember it is fat soluble - which is why butter/oil is so popular. See my thread on some muffin/cookie's I made on the weekend. Not too bad for a first timer.

Do you have to heat it to feel a buzz? If I ate a fresh bud right now, would it get me stoned. What if my dog ate a bud that fell on the ground? Any chance she'll get crazy on me?

Just curious. Sometimes I want a little buzz, but I can't smoke due to stealth reasons. I need to keep my smoking secret sometimes.

Thanks!!!

i know a bloke with cancer possably lung, he can not smoke so eats in cookies oil and hash mixed hith every thing, grows alot of plantsand recently said his tolarance is so high now after a couple of years that he needs 150g of mixed bud/leaf in his food daily.

Id love some of his cookies....

post-5631-1142572623_thumb.jpg

You need to heat THC to activate it, and get stoned from it, and remember it is fat soluble - which is why butter/oil is so popular. See my thread on some muffin/cookie's I made on the weekend. Not too bad for a first timer.

No you don't THC doesn't require heat to 'activate' it. Although I find that cooking is a lot better. To get a body high of just pot you're going to need a lot more, or to cook it so the active ingredient is already seperated and ready to hit the bloodstream as soon as it is eaten.

(Link for reason: http://science.howstuffworks.com/marijuana2.htm)

Edited by t(- _ -t)

I realise it's been said, but I don't think it can be over-stated; don't go overboard. Not even what you think is a "little" daring.

I think 1 gram is enough for a first try, if it's real good gear maybe less. (given what you've told us). I know the general idea is that you need more grass to get high through the stomache than by the lungs; but I don't agree. Smoke is more instantaneous, that's all. I think you get more value for the grass weight for weight by eating it, if strength of stone, and time spent bent is the consideration.

My wife and I ate grass exclusively for a couple years, as in didn't smoke for a couple years. We'd already been regular users for nearly ten years at that stage. Even still we've both gone too far a couple times and it's no pleasure ride. When you smoke, and you know you've over-done things, all you have to wait in 20 minutes or so and things are improving right? Not so when you eat it.

My wife made very strong biscuits fair enough, but still we would take just 1/4 of a usual size biscuit in the morning (I'd still be high from the night before), take another 1/4 sometime after lunch and often another similar dose after dinner. That was enough to be perpetually stoned to the back teeth around the clock for years.

We didn't know about canna-butter and such niceties back then. We used to just cover an ounce or so of chopped buds with just enough water, then bring it to a simmer (don't let it boil). Simmer for a few minutes. Then Karen would just work the whole lot into a biscuit mix (some recipe she grew up knowing). She'd pack the grass in to the point that the mix could still hold together, but only just. The biscuits were green and tasted like absolute shit. like chewing lucerne hay or worse.

That's just to give an indication of what kind of consistency = what kind of strength stone. but so many variables are invloved. There's the strength of individual bags, how well the stuff synthesised when cooking, stae of mind and your own body's metabolism. There's probably more too, but that's the basics. I just want to express to go steady. This is one of those few lessons in life that's best to learn at other people's warning, rather than discovering it yourself. And be sure to have no need to be driving later in the day. I've been sure that the biscuit for some reasoon has failed, descided to drive to town (about 60 km away) and got half way and been completely unable to drive.

A freind was working up north on a Whitsunday Island and she couldn't score. So we sent them a box of biscuits. They all excitedly sat around eating them, waiting for it to come on, and after nearly two hours the poor girl walked away depresed and being laughed at by her freinds that we'd sent them duds. She and a freind took a canoe and paddled for a distant island, and were half way there and were over-come to such an extent they paniced. They were absolutely shit faced, and didn;'t know what to do. Working while like that is hard work, and they were exactly half way unsure to keep going or return.

They ended up making it to the distant Island, but had to sleep under the canoe until the following morning because they were still too screwy at nightfall. When they got back they found out all that left the little tea party they'd sat and eaten the biscuits at, were stuffed in their own ways and places. It seems funny that it's when you think it's not going to happen that it comes on, and almost always just after you've commenced doing something you wish you hadn't :toke:.

I'm not trying to be an alarmist (I've prefer eating to smoking), I just want to let you know to put a day aside and be prepaired, even when it seems nothing's going to happen.

cheers

rob

yeah I'm a big fan of eating it as well.

The only time I've really greened out is when eating. And trust me, its an experience you should try to avoid.

If you green out and start feeling sick don't panic, you're in no danger. You will feel like shit, get the spins and possibly be throwing up like you've never thrown up before, but thats about it. All you can do is try to relax and eventually it will pass :toke:

It is one of the worst feelings you can have though, and its much worse than greening out on smoke, because it lasts much longer.

for maximum effect eat your canna food on an empty stomach followed by a hot drink.

oh and unless you are experienced with it don't combine it with alcohol. Alchohol and weed do not combine well in large quantities.

yeas i woz thinking about making my own cookies with a butter base, but how much green would i need to use in how much butter ??. how many cookies would get me nicely baked?? depending on the size??

please tell us??

i saw some video recipe where they used like 50 grams of bud with a pound of butter. but thats alot of $$$ that i cant payy. but yes anywayz check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmpkQ_KulGE

and tell us if u know how, cheers.