Fruit Trees

Guest Eikel

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone has tried using the Manutec Bloom Booster on fruit trees?

I have apple, cherry, lemon and orange trees in my outdoor garden and have just given them some organic slow-release fertalizer pellets (dried manure, blood & bone, kelp and rotted plant matter).

I'm thinking this will last them through spring until the cherry and apples start to really fruit up in mid-late november, I was wondering if a dosing of Manutec before the ripening period would benefit the plants.

Any thoughts? Any hobbiest fruit-farmers here? lol

Have never tried it Eilkel, but i do live in a big fruit-growing area and these dudes around here swear by Rapid Raiser pelletized shit, they use it exclusively throughout the year and they grow for a living.

Am pretty sure citrus has some specific needs though

Depends on your soil i suppose :scratchin

Edited by Frazzle

It is basically a powdered fertiliser, used as a solution, similar to a ready dissolved hydro nutrient solution for flowering. Therefore it has a higher potassium ratio than a vegetatively balanced product.

Used at the first signs of fruit tree blossoming, it will improve the numbers of flowers, and the level of successful fruit-set. However, a heavy fruit set may not be beneficial to a desirable end crop, as the tree is forced to spread its limited resources to more fruit. Selectively culling the young, immature fruit, leaving only the better examples will drastically improve results, as all biological efforts will be directed to the remaining fruit.

Used, but not exclusively, throughout the fruiting period, and towards the end of fruiting, can have the resulting fruit with a higher fruit sugar level than otherwise expected.

Thanks Spurious, that's great info! :thumbsup

I think I'll give them a 1/2 strength dosing of Manutec at the start of November and just let them go on their own from that point.

Thanks for all who replied, I appreciate the feedback.

:P