need help

Heya Dr

welcome to Oz Stoners - lol

I can recommend you look over some of the grow diaries .. http://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...hp?showforum=99

Oz Stoners -> Grow Diaries

there's many types of different setups and its a good place to start .. you need to see what will suit you best given your grow space, privacy and security issues, how much time and attention you can put into it ... Check a few different methods of growing and maybe give a little more info on your space etc.. and I'm sure you get heaps of suugestions and excellent advice.

Good luck with your grow.

:o

MM

My current (first) grow :o

http://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...showtopic=10360

I'd start wiith a 'style' of growing and then start to look at the forms. basic essentials are for indoor gropwing is a Light, room (Grow Space). Now it's summer in Oz so 'ventalation' (air movement), and a growing medium (compost/potting mix), nutrients (plant food) & some seeds (strain of pot).

Mushaman....... there's many types of different setups and its a good place to start .. you need to see what will suit you best given your grow space, privacy and security issues, how much time and attention you can put into it ... Check a few different methods of growing and maybe give a little more info on your space etc.. and I'm sure you get heaps of suugestions and excellent advice.

Looks like you have some reading to do, but it's all worth it

post-5398-1128697945_thumb.jpg

Ok guys sorry for not being active.

Here is my current situation:

I have a budget of about 400 Australian. At the moment, I want to get as much info I can from OS on how to start my grow, identifying important prep tasks etc.

My grow space is my storage room, its dimensions are roughly 2mx4m or thereabouts. Now, that room can be locked, hence the security issue and its inside another room which is essentially 'my games room (pool table, dvd system etc/ smoking room/drinks etc.". Parents know i smoke cigareetes. They never suspect drugs, therefore I am secure.

Now, what type of set-up do you guys recoomend? I dont want to grow a shit load of weed but a decent amount to keep me and 2 close mates satisfied. Also, where do you guys suggest I get the seeds from? Is it discreet?

And finally where can I find most of my equipment and some basic steps to start my grow...

thanks guys

Hey Dr, good luck with the grow.

If it's not your place, then its always a higher risk of loss. Is the power bill a concern for you? You'll want to be super stealthy. Smell will be an issue?

Work out how much you and your 2 mates roughly smoke in 2 months. You'll need to grow at least this amount of bud.

A 400W HPS might be the go for you, a back up globe is handy but will hit your budget. You'll also need a fluro to veg with, which will speed up the process in the long run. An exhaust fan and at least a small fan to blow on plant/s. At least one timer and a power board.

Pick the grow method that suits you mate. Adapt with what you have and can find or gather.

Choose your medium. Seeds are still making it nps, so pick some nice genetics for the space you have.

Also.. tell us how you go :D

Dr, dont overlook the need for good ventilation... fresh air in, stale air out where it won't be smelt (or some kind of odour neutraliser and/or get a strain that is not too stinky)

Room should be light-proof (from inside and outside)and insect proof

Good luck :thumbsup

BTW did i say we love photos :whistling

Ok guys sorry for not being active.

Here is my current situation:

I have a budget of about 400 Australian. At the moment, I want to get as much info I can from OS on how to start my grow, identifying important prep tasks etc.

Parents know i smoke cigareetes. They never suspect drugs, therefore I am secure.

Now, what type of set-up do you guys recoomend? I dont want to grow a shit load of weed but a decent amount to keep me and 2 close mates satisfied. Also, where do you guys suggest I get the seeds from? Is it discreet?

And finally where can I find most of my equipment and some basic steps to start my grow...

thanks guys

95607[/snapback]

Heya dr_ganjaphonics ! I remember when I use to live with my olds and growing at the same time! I'm sure you will take precautions hiding the set up but there's one thing you might have not thought about and that is the amount of electricty you will use. I assume your parents receive and pay the electricity bill at the moment? Depending on how many and type of lights you use your parents will probably notice the difference on the next bill. Sure your planned set up is only going to be a small one but even with just one 400 watt HPS/MH light operating I'm sure your old's will notice the difference. Anything above just one 400 watt light and it's a sure bet that your old's will get extremely curious. Just like a mobile/phone bill it shows your last usage and and compares it to the current rate/usage pattern. So no matter how well you hide the set up you have no control over the next electricity bill.

What you could do to overcome this increase in electricity is by using florescent lighting during the growth stage and then using HPS in the flowering stage. Or for the least amount of electricity used you might try just florescent lighting even in the flowering stage. Of course the yield will be lower and will take heaps longer under all flurescents but under this type of lighting it will cost you about $10 in electricity to produce a crop and you cant complain about that-just all the other negatives...!

Another way would be to introduce a item into your room that consumes alot of electricity-i.e a air conditioner that would match the wattage of your lights. However you obviously don't use the air con (unless your old's are in the room or approaching) and your old's will just assume that's its the air con. Even offer to pay $50 or so dollars each bill to keep the olds happy and you should be on your merry way. And by telling them about the air con etc they wont be suspicous and maybe snoop around.

The third way would be to steal the electricity direct from your power company but that is illegal (I know people so is growing hooch and probably giving advice!) but you don't want to enter that realm unless you want to burn down your house...! So probably stick to the first three paragraphs !

Good luck on your mission :thumbsup

im happy with the quik response from everyone.. thanks!

the electricity bill should not be a problem because we have air conditionaers, plasma tv, and 5 computers in the house probably on most of the day continously :D...

the only reason i want to grow is to learn about this beautiful art... thats rite... ART IT shall be called.

anywayz/// at the moment i have alot of family coming from overseas. In about 3 weeks time everything should be all clear and parents might be goiong overseas for a week or two (free house).. this might be an ideal time to start gettin stuff organised. The set up etc.

once i start lookin into equipment i will keep it posted

i will also start a diary soon.

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.