Learn from me

I did a fair bit of research before starting my grow, but what I didn't do is plan everything out and get my cabinet running and tested before I started growing.

Now I've had plants growing for about a month, I still have to put up sheets of ply and blankets at night around the cabinets to stop light leaks being seem from outside the room. Also when the doors are closed the cabinets get up to 36 degress, so during the day I have the doors open with an oscillating pedestal fan in front of them.

So in short I've got two cabinets running way too hot with light leaks galore and no smell control in place yet and I want to put these babies into flower within the next month. :huh:

So learn from my mistakes and don't follow my example. Do your research, post your grow setups to sites like ozstoners and overgrow for feedback then get your setup working right before you start!!!!!

hey pipe,

Seems everyone has a temp problem at the moment.. Your best bet with the light leaks is some panda film plastic or wood. Install a heat vent ontop even if it has no fan. Will need to make it baffled so it lets air out but no light..

Then if possible add a 12" duct or whatever suits to the back of that oscilating fan and run that to fresh air. Will make a huge diff in temps and possibly get away with the cupboard shut half way (\ /) so theres always airflow

For smell i use a small rubbermaid style tub filled with smell crystals and pot puri in it. This is situated just before the end of exhaust duct. i have an fan to the tub but none from the tub. Will try to get a few pics sometime stonedas

P.S wheres your ballast mounted and is it possible to remove from room?

So learn from my mistakes and don't follow my example. Do your research, post your grow setups to sites like ozstoners and overgrow for feedback then get your setup working right before you start!!!!!

Pipeman, look at the first few grows as being part of the initial research into growing.

I still have to put up sheets of ply and blankets at night around the cabinets to stop light leaks being seem from outside the room.

If the room is not entered by your visitors you could get some of that self adhesive foam that is used to seal doors against draughts, it can seal them against light too. You could then keep the door to the room closed and fit a ceiling fan or two in the room, this would help with the cooling and possibly the smell problem too.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

Hey pipeman

I am just lernning to grow indoor my self

started with a frige grow (which is almost finish ) 120watts of compacts mix warm and cool whites

had a lot of problems with heat , huimdty

lost 3 plants out of 9 misty ,white rhyino

estmate 12g for lot, but next grow will be improve

quite a fair bit lol

so now I just built a new cabnet with improve ventalition for mothers , If it works I will improve my frige , but I am taking 1 step at a time ( will have pic up soon)

Cheer's lol