Removal of Pollen Pods causing Stress?

Infinitee

Hey all, just a quick Q...

I have 1 plant (Purple Haze) that turned hermy, outdoors. It is in third week flowering.

I would like to remove some (or as many) of his pollen pods (little male ball things), so that the female parts won't get pollinated too quickly and stop producing resin.

So my question, if i was to remove with tweezers the male pods that look almost ready to pop, would that cause the plant too much stress. Or being a hermy, would it frantically try to produce more male parts in order to successfully reproduce?

There are a couple that look about ready to burst, so any help would be great, ASAP. :scratchin

Thanks.

:rolleyes:

Thank you and..... Thunk you.

I've got no worries attending to it daily, I spend more time with my plants than I do sleeping, but then again I sleep right next to my plants anyway!! ::rolleyes::

If there is a bit of pollination it's not a huge worry anyways, as I'm planning to butter him/her anyway.

Thanks again Fraz. :thumbsup

Thank you and..... Thunk you.

I've got no worries attending to it daily, I spend more time with my plants than I do sleeping, but then again I sleep right next to my plants anyway!!  ::rolleyes::

If there is a bit of pollination it's not a huge worry anyways, as I'm planning to butter him/her anyway.

Thanks again Fraz.  :thumbsup

If I had a hermie anywhere near my other plants I would be pruning its balls at ground level and turning it to butter as soon as it was discovered.

:blink:

Thanks for the warning, i'll try and keep the indoor's doors closed when possible to avoid pollination.

Also, i was wondering, with my very basic understanding of genetics.......very, very basic understanding...... the pollen of the hermie'd plant should have a 50/50 chance of hermying....correct? If you fertilized a proper female with this pollen....then 3 out of 4 seeds should (theoretically) be proper female, while only 1 would turn out to be a hermy.

Is this in anyway right? Coz i'd like to keep some Purple Haze gen's if i can, but don't want all hermies either.

Any thoughts?

:rolleyes:, i hear that.

But i do have something to lose if they all turn out to be hermies, for one all the hermies (if they all do become hermies) could hermy-pollinate my other outdoor plants (6 of which got ripped yesterday by some ruthless cunt of a cop) and turn them into hermy-seed bearing, pollinated piles of shit.

Also, if i try pollinating a plant with hermy-pollen i lose a bud and a bud is a terrible thing to waste (especially when your down to 2!!).