Purple Buds

Guest Urbanhog

Guest Urbanhog

I was looking up some seedbanks for no reasons, and I noticed some indica strains, that some seedbanks made a note:"If you have cooler dark periods while in the budding stage, can increase the "purple" colour"

Anyone can give me more information?, is this possible on some indica strains, you can increase the purple colour on the buds if you made the dark periods a lot cooler? :huh:

Thanks for your time :D

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

Yo mate,..that's what happenes, don't ask me why, I dunno but I do know ppl here growing "purple" in wintertime and their room get's very cold when the lamps are not burning. the "haze" kinds do that very easy,..not just the outdoor "purple haze"...Also I found out ppl like that purple colored bud for some reason.

Guest Urbanhog
hey,

You can also bring colour traits out by watering with cold water  :D havent got any pics of headstone on hand(turns totally purple) but heres a pic of v berry that started to turn.

very interesting..... I thought if you did that, you might "shock" the plants a bit? I mean you used to have warm showers, suddenly you have cold shower, how you feel? Yeah we talking about plants not humans ::P: :huh:

you mean icy cold water ? There's no cold water here in QLD summer, all cold water taps are bloodly warm.

cheers, Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

hey urb,

Not icey cold water just winter tap water. Would have been somewhere betweeen 12-16 degrees. Would cause alot more shock in summer as rootzone temps would be alot higher. There may be some shock caused but they are a weed ::huh:: and adapt to alomost any conditions..

If you check oz co's homepage theres a purple headstone pic.

but they are a weed

Just out of interest the correct definition of a weed is a plant grown unintentionly ie in the wrong place. A crop is a plant grown intentionly. National parks etc are under a different definintion. So if you intend to grow pot it is a crop if you stumble across a wild one in the bush then it is a weed. I got told by Shaun Reid he is the managing director of Canna that the buds turning purple is a defense michanism. It is somehow related to the cold but isnt directly attributed to it. Will post more when Know more.

another insight to colour in the buds relates to their origin, many of the seedbank or o/s seeds are grown and bred to suit thoise environments ie from Europe and canada where their mean temps are much lower.

Most buds such as the purples and blues are from this region, and while most of us grow indoors, we are thus unable to replicate those conditions totally.

On the other hand outdoor depending on your location will produce those same affects.

The south coast of NSW has a rep for purple buds. During the start of winter it cops the full brunt of a wind that comes out of Anarctica swings out to sea and slams straight into the south coast the temp drops faster that a straighty after his first cone of thai stick. I had a realy good blue effect on one of rodwals strains I have air-con and have it turned down to the lowest settings all the time. It gets down to about 8 degrees in the middle of winter plants suffer a bit but no spider-mites can breed and the blue comes right out. Anyone out there interested in trying to do an Ausralian flag in buds? Need white and red.