Politicians playing God

By outlawing marijuana, governments and politicians are playing God. Marijuana is a plant that grows naturally in many countries with warm climates throughout the world and requires no artificial tampering or chemical processing to produce it's phsiological effects --unlike alcohol which has to undergo extensive manmade intervention in the form of processing, fermenting etc. Except for natural drying out, marihuana doesn't require anything else when growing in it's natural state.

Yet alcohol which has and continues to be the cause of numerous deaths on the roads--especially people under the age of 25yrs-- and is the cause of high blood pressure, heart disease, liver and kidney disease etc yet it is perfectly legal and easily aquired by the young. Can anyone say "hypocrisy"? How many deaths have been directly attributed to pot smoking ?

Our government and society is in denial over alcohol, because alcohol is addictive, it does cause anti-social behaviour and agression (eg wife bashing) yet it continues to be politically and socially accepted as part of our society, whereas pot generally causes feelings of love, introspection, awareness, peace, serenity, beauty, joy, laughter, spiritual feelings, and at it's worse maybe feelings of apathy, laziness or paranoia. And I beleive any paranoia experienced from pot is caused by the fact that the government conditioned this fear by making it illegal !

There are no conclusive tests that prove that marijuana is the cause of any specific disease -- unlike regular tobacco smoking which has been proven to cause lung cancer and emphycema amongst other diseases. Marijuana can also be eaten, without any adverse health effects - it doesn't need to be smoked to have effect.

The reason why marijuana is banned is because it promotes feelings of awareness and introspection, allowing people to see how much they have been conditioned by their government, society and religion. God forbid, they may lose their dependence on the way society is structured and realise they don't need oligarch's and power mongers to make their decisions!

Alcohol is not banned because it's the opiate of the masses--people are more easily controlled and accepting, if they are dumbed down and can't think clearly. On the other hand marijuana brings the person into the moment --and enables one to see how things really are--the past and future don't really exist--only the here and now!

Marijuana promotes introspection and awareness and may cause the user to question certain aspects of their life and how society is structured. I'm not saying one should be stoned during their entire waking state ( I tried that once for a two year period -- and found I couldn't get high anymore and gave up completely). But if marijuana use replaced the use of alcohol as a social drug, I feel the world would be a less violent, much happier place.

Authorities use the arguement that if they legalised marijuana millions of people would become addicted and society will decline -- what a crock -- there would be no more "pot addicts" than there are alcoholics. After all, marijuana doesn't appeal to every personality type. If marijuana was legalised and alchohol made illegal -- people would still secretly brew their own alcohol. But I just feel alcohol has been more of a scourge on society than marijuana -- so if they want to ban a drug, let it be alchohol instead. That would be putiing things in perspective!

The reason why marijuana is banned is because it promotes feelings of awareness and introspection, allowing people to see how much they have been conditioned by their government, society and religion

I was reading a government drug info book and it said "marijuana use can lead to feelings of persecution".....kinda funny if ya think about it..... ::wave::

hey kayanow, did you actually write that post up there. Cause that's all way true and i totally agree. Marijuana prohibition is like a sedative, if everyone smoked pot, they would see all the hypocrisy and lies (and conditioning) in the government, religions and media etc. and just say No to all the bullshit they throw at us.

But then that gives rise to the question, how have other countries legalized pot, if their governments serve only for power and greed, which they get through marijuana prohibition?

I dunno, i'm too stoned...