Yellow spots

Bit hard to tell from the pic but spots on my plants turned out to be spider mite

If you can get a 10x magnifier or better you will see them crawling around and possibly see their web.

If you can't get a magnifier shake some leaves vigorously onto a sheet of white paper, and you should see them....that is if that's the problem.

:scratchin

Bit hard to tell from the pic but spots on my plants turned out to be spider mite

If you can get a 10x magnifier or better you will see them crawling around and possibly see their web.

If you can't get a magnifier shake some leaves vigorously onto a sheet of white paper, and you should see them....that is if that's the problem.

:scratchin

Hi Merlin

yeh, I'll try and get a better pic - maybe has to do with near disaster coupla days ago - i'm running an airponics system and the power to the nute pump was out for about 5 - 6 hours coupla days ago ... gave them a good flushing today and changed the nute tank over ... bit soon to tell if its helping i think ... can't see any sign of bugs anywhere :scratchin its prob the trauma of drying out for too long recently .. ;) i'm still learning - first grow - hope i didnt screw up 2 bad

thanks for the advice

post-6261-1125557360_thumb.jpg

yeh, I'll try and get a better pic - maybe has to do with near disaster coupla days ago - i'm running an airponics system and the power to the nute pump was out for about 5 - 6 hours coupla days ago ... gave them a good flushing today and changed the nute tank over ... bit soon to tell if its helping i think ... can't see any sign of bugs anywhere scratchchin.gif its prob the trauma of drying out for too long recently .. blink.gif i'm still learning - first grow - hope i didnt screw up 2 bad

aeroponics is fairly complicated for a first time grower (from what i have read about it anyways ;) ) so congratulations on having very nice looking plants, minus the yellow spots ofcourse :;):

anyways, if i had to guess i'd say that it was a nutrient problem, most likely a lockout from one nute locking out another or incorrect pH levels.....

having guessed that before i saw the post i quoted you from, i'd say im probably right and that damage will remain :thumbdown the leaves will more than likely slowly die off leaving only the newer growth which might make the plants look weird for a few weeks but i imagine the plants will do just fine considering you have already started flushing and changed the nutes over :scratchin

my advice would be to give them another flush or 2 then start them back on 1/2 strength nutes for a week, then back to their normal schedule, but then again i know absolutely nothing about aeroponics so it might pay off to wait untill someone who knows what they are on about to reply, but keep in mind that another flushing will only do them good in the meantime :smoke

aeroponics is fairly complicated for a first time grower (from what i have read about it anyways  :P ) so congratulations on having very nice looking plants, minus the yellow spots ofcourse  ::P:

anyways, if i had to guess i'd say that it was a nutrient problem, most likely a lockout from one nute locking out another or incorrect pH levels.....

having guessed that before i saw the post i quoted you from, i'd say im probably right and that damage will remain  :thumbdown  the leaves will more than likely slowly die off leaving only the newer growth which might make the plants look weird for a few weeks but i imagine the plants will do just fine considering you have already started flushing and changed the nutes over  :scratchin

my advice would be to give them another flush or 2 then start them back on 1/2 strength nutes for a week, then back to their normal schedule, but then again i know absolutely nothing about aeroponics so it might pay off to wait untill someone who knows what they are on about to reply, but keep in mind that another flushing will only do them good in the meantime  :smoke

Hi

thanks for the info - tonight they 're looking much happier :thumbsup - everyone reachin for the light and the new growth does look ok so far ... yeh, i drift between happy i chose air and worried i might screw it up .. the growth is amazing ... not that i have any experience but they arte literally doubling in size every 48 hours .. not sure how this compare to growth in other systems but i'm spending a lotta time just lookign attem :mellow:

in the meantime i will do another flush tomorrow - the roots look like they're separating again ... they all clumped up when they were drying ... the root growth is incredible ... easily 4 or 5 times the veggie growth ... they look alien .. I'll see if i can get any pix of the hanging root system :wave:

everyone reachin for the light and the new growth does look ok so far ... yeh, i drift between happy i chose air and worried i might screw it up .. the growth is amazing ... not that i have any experience but they arte literally doubling in size every 48 hours .. not sure how this compare to growth in other systems but i'm spending a lotta time just lookign attem

i remember reading about aeroponics ages back and the US Military was looking into it as a way to ease world hunger, long story short, they grew an orange the size of a grapefruit :P i remember seeing a picture of it as well, worta looked like a pumpkin but with smooth edges :wave:

i remember reading about aeroponics ages back and the US Military was looking into it as a way to ease world hunger, long story short, they grew an orange the size of a grapefruit  :P  i remember seeing a picture of it as well, worta looked like a pumpkin but with smooth edges  :P

Hi

yeh I have heard that if i get it right then I can expect big things :wave: .. looks like they're recovering nicely this morning - I'm gonna go do the second flush at lunchtime -

thanks again for the advice :thumbsup