Silly question time

Hey,

A few questions,

Last springs grow didn't go so well, (outdoors), germanation occured and they grew upsidown and died when I turned them over, How can I avoid this occuring again. Also, I am growing in a risky location(maybe i'm just paranoid) and was wondering what a good strain would be that produces a small plant suitable for outdoor growing.

cheers, Sid

Last springs grow didn't go so well, (outdoors), germanation occured and they grew upsidown and died when I turned them over, How can I avoid this occuring again.
Stick the seeds 5mm - 1cm below the surface of some good quality seed raising mixture and moisten the area, remoisten once each day if needed, a good quality seed will germinate and show in about 3 days.
and was wondering what a good strain would be that produces a small plant suitable for outdoor growing.
How small? Lowryder is about the shortest growing strain at 30cm, you will also be harvesting it at 8 or 9 weeks after planting it but the yield is way down from that of the larger size plants.

:)

Like Tom said plant them about a half centimetre to a centimetre below the surface and leave them. If you want to you can plant them pointy end up, the root tip[ comes out of the pointy end and will strike out for the surface of the soild before turning and heading straight down as animal said.

Once they are in the ground best let nature take its course, nature doesn't plant seeds pointy end up so they can handle being planted anyway but it doesn't hurt to give every bit of help you can.