Outdoor season

Guest NEUROTOXIN

Guest NEUROTOXIN

Hey champs, thanks for taking the time to read my post.Here's the go.....

Im trying to decide on wheather or not to buy some seeds from a seedbank. Me and my mates are planning to do a moderately large grow for all our personal needs for at least 6 months to a year. I've only ever ordered seeds once years ago from a HT mag and they were shizenhousen (or however you say german for shithouse). I recently got given a sandwich bag full of seeds. Im wondering weather it would be better to plant the lot and pick out the best after a month or go with some seeds from a bank. Im thinking if I plant say 3-400 seedlings then pick the very best after a month or so I would get hopefully decent results. What do you guys reckon. Also what would you guys look for in a month old plant, with not just survivability in mind.

Thanks

NEUROTOXIN

That's great, but a problem worth considering is that after a month the A-grade and the Scheißehaus are indistinguishable. It's only the final product that can be the determining factor.

If the genetics of the bagseed are not known, then you run the risk of wasting a season's work. Hey, the seed might be great, but you don't know that yet.

I'd buy some guaranteed genetics, as a "known" backup, and plant the lot.

Guest NEUROTOXIN
Yeah thats kind of what Im saying to my mates. Its hard to make ones mind up when you go to a seedsite, they all look tits to me and tits are outstanding! Were after a real kind of mellow organic tasty high. What strains fit the bill these days? Last Time I was growing it was northern lights.

well if you are after some tasty buds, you should read the descriptions of the strains at the seedbank, then compare their description to the grow reports at Cannagenetics ....

honestly, if i were you, i would fuck the friends right off out of the grow and tell them to grow their own.....sure they might be the best of friends and what not, but when it comes to pounds of buds between a few people, there is always someone who will believe they deserve more for one reason or another, the crop could go missing, etc and it could all turn into one big shit storm that will turn you all against each other...

I would buy some seeds online and take cuttings of the females to grow outdoors way before i planted bagseed and hoped for the best...i have learnt my lesson when it comes to bagseed (poor genetics, low quality, dismal yields, hermis, etc.) and i assure you that the money spent on some quality genetics will more than pay for iteself come harvest time....it might take a little longer than just planting all the seeds you have + it will cost a shit load more, but if you are after quality smoko, its the only proven way of going about it....

Guest NEUROTOXIN
The mates arn't a prob, we all grew up together and we've all grown together in the past. None of us are the greedy type of dudes and we've never had probs before.We always just split it equal anyway. Half of it usually gets given away to everyone when we have parties or BBQ's anyway. I might just chuck in some bagseed in a close to town spot and if it gets ripped ahh well. The good spot way out I'll reserve for some genetics. What seed bank do you guys reckon is the best?

Guest NEUROTOXIN
Yeah mate I ordered some from Planetskunk. I went with KC33 X Master Kush and a bag of Swazi seeds any of you guys grown these strains outdoors. The swazi is allegedly 100% sativa. I've never smoked 100% sativa, well not that I was aware of anyway. 100% sativa is meant to have a quite narcotic effect dosent it? good for pain relief? Hope it works for my missus because she can be an absolute pain in the arse at times. The main reason I picked these strains was their good yield and the KC apparently clones well.