How Much Sunlight

No way, 5 hours may be OK for mushrooms or something but not the Mother weed!

Iam no expert but unless they are in flower you want as much as possible, anything under 12hrs theyll want to flower i reckon

luke skywalker will know the absolute details on this, so listen to what he says

heres what i can tell you like said above luke can tell you more no 5 hours will not work to my knowledge once plants are put into a light cycle with more dark then light they will turn to flowering mode i would advise if you only have that much time outdoors floros durring night keep them in pots outside durring the day or better yet try and find a place with more light shouldnt be that hard

is it only 5 hours because i was told this on another site

what you would have been told is that mj needs a minimum of 5 hours of direct sunlight per day, the more the better but you can still end up with some nice plants....needless to say, under 12 hours of sunlight will make the plants flower, longer than 12 and they should vege, but if you actually want to get some decent plants, you gotta have atleast 4-5 hours of direct sunlight a day...

It's about the minimum to produce decent plants. But that 5 hours of direct sunlight will have to be supplimented with more than 7 hours of indirect light too, to ensure the plants don't flower before they're ready.

The best yeilds will come from plants with as many hours of direct sunlight as is possible. If you can give them more light, do so. There is no such thing as too much light, although if there is too much heat as well this can be a problem.

Plants with low light levels or too few hours of direct sunlight will be spindly and stretch to attempt to reach the light source. They will not be able to grow as well, or as strongly as a fully lit plant, and will yeild much lower as well.

So if you are really restricted in your growing position and 5 hours of direct sunlight is all they can get, then they'll grow and yeild ok. But you'll do much better if you can give them full sunlight from sunrise to sunset.