Growing Information

depending on the strain, you might get lucky and have the plants in their seedling stage untill the hours of light increase and then they'll vege like crazy as they have a head start on the competition :baaasmiley:

sadly, they could also just start budding up and leave you with plants that are less than impressive hight wise, but as long as you let the buds mature, you could still end up with a good smoke ;)

IMO, if you want to make sure the plants dont bud up and continue to vege untill the plants are a decent size and the hours of light increase, your best option would be to bring them inside of a night and put them under some fluros untill the hours of light increase which should be about a month away :)

Guest Eikel
how ever ive just planted sum seeds outside is it way 2 early 2 do that im in melbourne n heard were gonna hava couple days of sunshine ????

I transferred 2 of my unused plants from an indoor seed germination outside.

They were dead within a week due to cold (frosts) - I live in Victoria, close to Melb.

Does your part of Melbourne get cold nights? If so - your plants will not do well until nighttime tempratures are at least above 5 degrees at the coldest point of the night.

As Wantda said... You're better off just germinating the seeds inside, and putting them outside in early-mid september, when temps are just starting to warm up, and light-hours are increasing.

Good Luck! :baaasmiley:

As Wantda said... You're better off just germinating the seeds inside, and putting them outside in early-mid september, when temps are just starting to warm up, and light-hours are increasing.

was close to what i meant BUT thats an even better idea if you have a HID :thumbsup

if you were to raise the plant up indoors under a HID, they would be heaps ahead of the other surrounding plants when you transplant them :baaasmiley:

Even if you didn't have a HID vegging indoors with fluros would be fine. In my experience plants respond better going from indoors to out if they have been under fluros. However going from indoors to out should be timed carefully because plants always tend to go to flower when transplanted outdoors no matter what time of year it is, So if you are doing this I would wait until mid Spring when the light hours are well and truly on the up and up to at least give you a good chance that they'll revert to veg and grow to a decent size before budding again.

Elkel is right about the frosts. Your seedlings will not survive them. If its borderline a bit of shade cloth over the top can help keep the frost off.

With all that in mind I think its a lot of effort for little return pre vegging outdoor plants indoors due to the shock they go through during the switch and the fact that you can grow big plants without doing this anyway.

Patience my friend October will be here before you know it :baaasmiley:

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.