from my home town

7 days Archive   

July 21, 2005

Greenwood neighborhood is literally going to pot

Greenwood -- An elaborate marijuana growing operation has been found in the center of a Greenwood neighborhood.

Neighbors came outside Tuesday when police cars stopped in front of Steve J. Keller's residence in the 1300 block of Freemont Lane.

As Keller, 45, sat on a lawn chair surrounded by police, neighbors gathered in nearby yards as their children played.

About 90 minutes later, Keller had been arrested after officers said they found a marijuana-growing operation on the second floor of the home.

Greenwood police found about 50 mature marijuana plants, said Detective Jeff McCorkle.

Officers received a tip about something unusual in Keller's house, McCorkle said. Johnson Circuit Judge Mark Loyd reviewed information from detectives and authorized a search.

A Johnson County sheriff's investigator and State Police detective assisted.

Police Chief Joe Pitcher announced earlier Tuesday that drug dealers and abusers would be a departmental priority.

Keller was charged initially with possession of marijuana. He was released from Johnson County Jail after posting $3,000 bail.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...480/1006/NEWS01

i think i know who that guy was kinda makes me nervous anyone know the percentage of people serving time for growing compared to selling or possesion???