Today Tonight Vs A Current Affair

WantDaChronic

Question

I just emailed both Today Tonight and A Current Affair with the hope one of them will run a story on medicinal marijuana...

I basically said what brash said about the trial being long over due and a few things like that + i went on to say not only do i smoke for medicinal purposes, im also forced to grow my medicine because there is no government outlet for me to buy it and stuff bought from dealers can be laced with god knows what :thumbsup

Shortly after saying that, i said that not only am i willing to appear on national tv to debate a member of the government over the issue, im also willing to admit to growing for my personal medicinal use and all kinds of stuff like that...

I finished off both emails by saying that i had emailed the other party and sent them pretty much the same information as what you just recieved and that they are considering running the story :whistling

Lets just hope my plan works and they fight over which one of them will run a medicinal marijuana story first :B):

its good to see someone putting themselves outhere for the cause, i dont think id have the balls for it,

i dont think it matters which one picks it up there likely to give the issue to take a bad attiditude to it with mistruths half truths and outrite bullshit, and twist and edit what you say to make it look bad,

but i hope you get some success, you've got a lot of people behind you,( far enough back not to get busted though)

Haha, good on ya for getting out there and doing it Wantdachronic. I must say, good luck coz frankly, you won't have any, but it's the thought that counts. B)

I think you'd probably have a better chance Photoshopping some images of Ray Martin having sex with a zebra and threatening to show them on Today Tonight, but i seriously hope your story runs.

Rarely do you see a thing on pot, where there is just a no joke bloke (stoner in this case) just saying what he thinks. It's all government scientists and propagana bullshit. The fact of the matter is, this shits medicine and that's not being recognised. There seems to be no difference (in the eyes of the general public/government) between a pot smoker who ruined his life and blamed it on drugs, and the geniunely good people, who use it medically or peacefully or whatever. I mean it's not like someone who drinks a glass of red wine a day is an alcoholic and a studio graffiti artist isn't a hooligan, so goddammit why aren't we afforded the same differentiation.

I dunno if that made sense, but that's what i reckno.

yeh they may look a bit hypocritical if they run a medicinal cannabis story not long after bagging the shit out of it......not that thats stop them before though.

Yeah they love baagging pot, but lets face it these shows don't mind being hypocritical - they do it all the time B) They will broadcast anything if its controversial enough.

The time I ended up on the kerri-ann show, happened when a friend(who watchs that shit) rang me to tell me they were having a medical cannabis debate the next day - I got straight on the phone, asked for the program researcher and said "do you need a patient for the debate?", they got back to me in 5 mins and the next morning I was on TV.

Not sure if I have the kerri-ann debate, but I have a screen shot, left to right: Alex Wodak - St Vincents Hospital director of D&A services, Michael D Robinson - Drug-free Australia, and Brash - Free drugs for Australia (Ha Ha Ha).

I found an old tape with an ABC news interview of me and Dr Andrew Katelaris ... now just got to work out how to transfer from VCR to computer.

The interview, in which Andrew admitted to 'prescribing' cannabis to patients, ended up being the basis for a complaint by the Health Dept. against Katerlaris. They are tring to deregister him for helping patients. He is in a hearing in the morning, I've been asked to testify on his behalf. This is separate to his massive cultivation charge. Wish him luck folks, I suspect he is going to need it.

post-2174-1121778167_thumb.jpg

Either of those shows would just edit you and take you out of context to make you look like a junkie criminal.  Fuck mainstream media.

Here in lies the rub, it's hard enough to get the media to take notice and when they do, you never know what angle they will take - they love to build people up and then knock them down (guess they figure it makes for good TV).