Medical Cannabis Toowoomba

Salem

Question

Hello I'm from Toowoomba just moved here before the floods and lost everything .

I'm hoping to meet some people from around here who are like minded ;)

PS: Does anyone know of any Medical Groups around Toowoomba ?? I have a Medical License .

But no where to use it.

I HATE MORPHINE & I SWEAR ITS MAKING ME WORSE !!

Hello I'm from Toowoomba just moved here before the floods and lost everything .

I'm hoping to meet some people from around here who are like minded ;) so please drop me a pm or email.

PS: Does anyone know of any Medical Groups around Toowoomba ?? I have a Medical License .

But no where to use it.

I HATE MORPHINE & I SWEAR ITS MAKING ME WORSE !!

There are no 'medical licences' in OZ so either you a seppo who didn't do his research before making the move or you are full of the proverbial bovine faeces.

Actually you can although it's not totally legit get a doctors note and go see (name removed by request)

I suggest you do some research before lashing out at people .

I have been pulled over and caught with some I showed my card and they let me off

WITHOUT CONFISCATING ANYTHING !

so yes you can get one as long as you are really sick .

I was actually referred to him by my cancer group .

Actually you can although it's not totally legit get a doctors note and go see (name removed by request)

Why did you start this thread Salem? To ask about any Medical Groups around Toowoomba or to advertise (name removed by request)?

There are a few people fighting for medical cannabis in Australia in a pro-active manner, including the person you named, which isn't a secret to many but as you said, some are 'not totally legit'.

To answer your question....No there are no Medical Groups around Toowoomba unfortunately that are totally legit. It's a shame the medical trials conducted in Nimbin a little over 10 years ago now were abused and subsequently canceled :thumbdown: or there could well have been now. :doh:

Peace MM

Ps.. I'm glad to hear you got off being busted and having your medicine stolen but you were just lucky. You don't have a 'Medical License' that is 'totally legit'. You could still be busted and have to fight it in court.

Yes I know I was lucky I started this thread so I could find out if there were any others sick like me around here ,using alternative forms of medication & knows of any groups around here that are helping people out . The clinic in toowoomba seem to think using opiates are a better method and look down on even cancer patients who are using cannabis . I guess this place is really old fashioned .

I asked some of the other patients in my ward if they had even heard of using cannabis for pain , insomnia but they had no idea

Although in their defense most of them are from another generation and I guess the crazy bullshit they have been brought up with is completely stamped in .

guys, some time ago I did some work for a palliative care organisation ... y'know, they give spiritual succour to the dying and their families ... and the word among we more radical volunteers was that the sweet smell of weed was all about and very much tolerated in the AIDS wards of our city hospitals. apparently these poor bastards often suffer from bone pain ... like pain very deep ... and cannabis ameliorates the pain.

one of their head doctors came and gave us a rave about the set up in these wards and he was dead against the present laws.

ps. 'spiritual succour' does not necessarily mean god stuff. means just being a friend when everyone else is freaking out about the dying part.

Sorry for my earlier outburst Salem but we get a lot of tossers on here claiming to know of legal avenues of obtaining or possesing cannabis, the simple fact being that at this point in time there are none except in the most extreme medical cases. Even then the person requiring it is subjected to a high level of contempt from those in law enforcement and government.

Sadly this does not look like changing anytime soon, with our current governments (state and federal, opposition and minor parties included) seemingly intent on taking the hardline approach.

:peace:

no prob theheadcing I wasn't really clear to begin with . I doubt I am most of the time morphine makes me not really know whats going on sometimes .

I'm seriously considering moving to another country where the laws are better and where its cooler

(can't stand the heat) hello Denmark lol