Best way to check on plants after 'lights out'?

Hey guys, me again :rolleyes:

Just wondering whta you all do for checking on your babies, i.e. temps, humidity, all sorts of stuff for your lights out period.... everyone says any light is bad in these times so I'm not about to wander into my growroom with a torch or some shit so yeah... how do you all do it?

You don't want to disturb the ladies at night AT all , unless it is 100% nessecery

if you need to do stuff in the room and don't wanna do it during lights on , get a fluro and turn it on about an hour maximum before lights on , this will act like a dawn for you , and shouldn't effect em if you just use it every once and a while , if you startt disturbing thier sleep though you raise your chances of things like hermies , and also your crop will finish slower than normal

BTW great to see yo9u online Tom :thumbsup

hey ive got a salt water aquarium and I use red light at nighttime as the corals/plants/fish carnt pickup this spectrum of light so i can still view the tank at nighttime, because heaps of creatures come out at night time that dont during the day.

I wonder by installing some red bulbs into the grow room you could work in there at night time without unsetting the ladies?

Jack

plants actually see the red spetcrum fine , the only chance you potentially have in theory is with green lighting but then it would have to be low loevel waves so it didn't effect the plants and contain zero % of other spectrums ,

most green lights contain white though so I wouldn't sugest it excpt for an hour before lights on or an hour after they go out , these two times are the LEAST detrimental as they will act as a dawn or dusk which it gets in nature anyway

edit :

if ya want to check on their humidity , and temps at night try one of these options

first is to just get a digital thermometer/hydrometer that has a min /max function on it this will allow you to see the highest and lowest points till you reset the setting ,

the other option is to get a remote thermometer/hydrometer this can be achived a few ways , number one is a fully wireless system , this is what I use , you get a system that can handel multiple sensors and then you put one in each grow room , and place the monitorign unit where ever you want ( i'm looking at mine right now ) a cheaper alternative for an out of room system is just an indoor /out door thermometer , these alwasy come with a second sensor on the cord , place the actuqal device outside the room and the sensor inside the room , then you can monitor your tmps and humidty 24/7 without disturbance

hope that helps a bit :rolleyes:

Edited by Pure

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.