is my plant nutrient deficient?

hark

post-768-1109470536_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know what might be causing the leaves from one of my plant to look like this? At first i thought it could be over-nitrification, but now im thinking it could be a deficiency of some sort...possibly a magnesium deficiency? It's slowy working it's way up my plant, and affecting the older leaves first. I also thought it could just be from a lack of sunshine, but now its happening to leaves in direct sunlight. I know it's not from over watering because i've been letting them dry out in between watering. Can anyone think of what might be causing this? Any help will be much appreciated.

:D

Edited by hark

Hark,

I can't give you a 100% conclusive answer, maybe a ph fluctuation or nute burn?

But take a look at these links (if you haven't already):

http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1112

http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1111

Ths second link has pics you can compare your plant to, hope you have success curing your lady.

Edited by EIkel

there is a link in my sig that might help u...it shows most nutrient probs :thumbsup

but from my experience, its most likely a pH problem and u should really test the medium your growing in and the water your using...

whats the conditions your growing in? if we have more specs of the setup your using it would help greatly :smoke

Thanks for the helpful links Elkel, i've added them to my bookmarks. its pretty hard to put my finger on 1 thing, it looks like it could be a Ph problem which is locking out the nitrogen and causing the deficiency.

In the second link it says "Plants should be allowed to become N-deficient late in flowering for best flavor." so maybe i should stop worrying and forget about it.

"Is your plant one from your big beauties thread?" it sure is thatswho, i'll have to get some new photos up for you guys....the buds are HUGE!

thanks guys,

hark!

Edited by hark

ok, i tested my Ph levels today and found that both my water and soil are slightly alkaline, around 7.7 on the Ph scale. I guess the best thing to do now is to keep applying those epsom salts, which are a good source sulphur, and continue fertilizing with the old sulphate of potash. Hopefully that'll decrease the Ph enough to stop any more leaves turning yellow. If anyone's got any other suggestions though i'd love to hear them.

thanks again for the help guys.

hark!

Edited by hark

I reakon its the ph also,

check my sig for more links. :D

ok, i tested my Ph levels today and found that both my water and soil are slightly alkaline, around 7.7 on the Ph scale. I guess the best thing to do now is to keep applying those epsom salts, which are a good source sulphur, and continue fertilizing with the old sulphate of potash. Hopefully that'll decrease the Ph enough to stop any more leaves turning yellow. If anyone's got any other suggestions though i'd love to hear them.

thanks again for the help guys.

hark!

Ok in soil aim for 6.5

In hydro aim for 5.8

Epsoms salts is magnesium too mate, Too much of any salt will make leaves look like that.

IMO

A/ Stop using epsom salts, you'll lock up other nutrients if you use too much. it doesnt need it if your ph is good and your other nutrients are a good brand.

B/ Adjust the pH to the correct range for your type of grow. Hydroponics = 6.1 to 5.5 & Dirt = 6.8 to 6.3

C/ Flush the pots with ph adjusted plain water and then start the feed.

:P