lighting times

hey im a first grower,

My grow box has five plants in a cubord lined with silver alfoil, lighting is two fluros and since they have been seeds i have had the lights on 24/7.

That was about a month ago and at the moment the plants are growing fine nice and green and very healthy. A few people have been telling me that i should have 12/12 lighting for various reasons.

Am i doing the wrong thing (they look fine @ the moment tho =/)

Advice and info for a n00b would be great.

Cheers

whoever told you to switch the lighting to 12/12 is a n00b B) if you switch it to 12/12 it will induce flowering, which isn't so bad if you want to flower them....

i have a pretty effective strategy for growing: if it works, LEAVE IT ALONE! B)

if you were using more high powered lights like HPS for instance you could drop back to say 18/6 if you wanted to cut back on power consumption.

hey im a first grower,

My grow box has five plants in a cubord lined with silver alfoil, lighting is two fluros and since they have been seeds i have had the lights on 24/7.

That was about a month ago and at the moment the plants are growing fine nice and green and very healthy. A few people have been telling me that i should have 12/12 lighting for various reasons.

Am i doing the wrong thing (they look fine @ the moment tho =/)

Advice and info for a n00b would be great.

Cheers

in veg stage you have the lights on for between 18-24 hours per day depending on personal preference. When you want them to flower switch to 12/12. You should do this before the plants get too big, as they could double in height before finishing after you force them to flower.

browsing through the FAQ at www.overgrow.com would be a good idea.

and good luck, I'm on my first grow as well, although I'm not as advanced as you.