Help

lob

Question

I’ll keep this short.

My my names Sean.

I’m an ex Veteran, I have pretty chronic PTSD

I have been through the ringer to say the least and marijuana has been a massive help.

Trying to get it legally but the wait time is ridiculous.

I have tried CBD with no effect.

Growing my own is no option, tried and failed.

My health has declined from smoking it.

Any help from anybody would be great thanks.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by lob

A lot of information there [emoji23]

Thanks all, at the moment I’m just trying to stay afloat.

In regards to the comm super, yeah that’s what I’m understanding.

Basically they said it’s their super contribution coming back to you when I got Med discharged.

I have a doctors appointment Tuesday for a referral to a company In Queensland. Hopefully I will have an interview with them and make some progress.

In regards to therapy I have tried EDMR, CBT, group therapy ( I cannot fucking stand group therapy) medications as far as the eye can see. Lost my job because I was almost catatonic from lithium poisoning. One night lost the function of my legs because of a drug interaction.

Been to 4 different wards.

And now have had to leave my wife and kids because I’m just that cooked.

Pots the only thing that helps.

Fingers crossed this next lot of shit pans out.

Sorry for the complaining.

Thanks everyone for all the info.

Sorry and the reason the grow was unsuccessful was my wife didn’t want it around our house with the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

The more information the better IMHO. Suss it all out before you need it.

I say this because I thought I'd have the payout + my super, but this was not the case.

It's my understanding that the insurers have now changed the criteria for TPD payout and basically they state you must be unable to complete the basic tasks of daily living ie showering, toileting, feeding etc All things I can still do.

So I'd STRONGLY suggest you thoroughly investigate ALL of the 'What if's'. When I say 'ALL' I mean if you need a lawyer to make a claim, what are the costs? If the insurer is a real bastard they can drag a claim out for years. If you have income protection it's often limited to a max of 2yrs, so after 2yrs then what happens? Look, we all hope/pray/beg it's never need but 'What if...? I had no intention to be in the position I am. My intent was surgery, recovery, then back to work... ...only that didn't happen. Had I not had the insurance I would presently be up to my eyeballs in shit by now and probably homeless. Don't get me wrong the insurance didn't make me rich, but I have a secure roof over my head and I'm free of debt, so that reduced a shitload of stress.

So, PLEASE, suss it all out now whilst you can. As I often say to others 'You could walk out your front door tomorrow and get hit by a bus... ...then what??'

Death? that's the easy bit. Lights out, it's all over for you. But lifelong injuries  can REALLY fuck you and your family up BIGTIME. Try to look at from the view of the worst case scenario. ie You're in a wheelchair and your home needs some major renovations to make your return home possible. What would that cost??

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

Because my insurance was in my super, When I received the payout they took the balance of my super. 

Merl1n

That is just fucking criminal!

Navigating the fine print when dealing with insurers is an absolute fucking nightmare and I assume it is constructed exactly the way they intend it to be. Ambiguous to a fault!

Bastards!

• Upvote 1

That is just fucking criminal!

Navigating the fine print when dealing with insurers is an absolute fucking nightmare and I assume it is constructed exactly the way they intend it to be. Ambiguous to a fault!

Bastards!

I certainly used some... let's just say 'colourful' language about it all. I'd paid tax on the contributions going in, but because it was an insurance payout, the fuckin govt stung me again on the way out too, I had to pay tax on the whole sum.

Technically the govt taxed me twice on the same money, but because it was coded as income by the ATO... WHACK.

So suss it ALL out

• Upvote 1

Well had my phone consultations with the cannabis company.

They are prescribing me a THC /CBD blend. A pure THC oil for promoting sleep, and a vaporizer / flower for everyday use to help.

The company was actually helpful.

Hopefully I get some good results.

Again thanks for all the information on this page.

• Upvote 2

I should be receiving my medical package early next week.

They have given me the Ariser Air 2 vaporizer. I have been told that a medium course grind works best to optimize the flower. I have a little cheap $5 grinder that’s useless and broken. I really want to be able to capture all flower parts and get a consistent grind. I have decided on the super weapon 2 grinder but I can’t find them anywhere. It was a toss up between that and the Santa Cruze Shredder. Any help would be appreciated, I just don’t know enough about it.

• Upvote 1